Chapter 192: Fragmented power of the Aquasphere III

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As the axe kick squarely landed on Asmodeus head, a sudden chill suddenly rose on Lionel's spine as he inavertedly jump back a quite a distance from his opponent. For a moment he suddenly felt a grim premonition of danger exuding from Asmodeus himself. Following his instincts desire, he then got away from him as he examine the cause of that bad feeling.

In that moment as if surprised by Lionel's sudden reaction in response to his murderous intent, Asmodeus then stood up confidently as he brush aside the dust in his clothes and applauded Lionel's wariness. Based on his look, the axe kick that was delivered by Lionel with such impactful force did nothing against him at all. In fact one could even claim that such an attack was useless.

Through this Asmodeus defensive trait naturally shines.

"That was a nice Kick, Unfortunately that didn't do anything at all"

"Well i expected that... If you were an easy opponent, then Merlin wouldn't have been knocked down by you" replied by Lionel

"Guess so... I take it that your holding back?"

"I can say the same to you"

In that moment Diva from afar then begun her support as she buffed Lionel's whole being to a whole new level. As a songstress which is typically a supporting role which job is to specifically support a fighter unit, Diva herself proved her worth as her song not only buffed Lionel, but even all of her allies under the scope of her voice range. Even though she has practically zero combat skill, as long as her support skill aids everyone near her, she will always be one of the core aspect of the elite group of the kingdom.

"Song of power!!!"

As she started singing, Lionel's body suddenly whelmed with vigor and power as his natural strength increased by many folds. On the other hand due to that sudden change of air in the surroundings causing Lionel to exude a powerful energy, Asmodeus quickly caught up on Diva's importance as his attention quickly shifted to her location.

Not wasting any moment, Asmodeus then rushed up towards Diva in a dash as he plans to execute her first in order to quickly shift the tides of the battle to his advantage. Naturally Lionel quickly caught up to his intention as he ran after him in full throttle, however no matter how much he chase after Asmodeus, the latter speed was still much faster than his. Due to that no matter what he tries, Asmodeus would be able to exact his plan even before he could intervene.

Of course that would only happen if Diva has no means of attacking. Despite having zero combat ability, Diva still has means to attack her opponent. Her attack doesn't stems out from combat means, weaponry, nor magic, In fact her attack solely based on her own voice.

Seeing that Asmodeus had made his move to kill her first, Diva then opened her mouth wide open as she sang a song which could literally destroy her enemies minds if not protected.

"Requiem of Suffering"

As she sung that song with her high pitched voice, every enemy inside her range suddenly screamed in agony as they all held their heads as if going crazy from pain. To be exact her song didn't target a person body specifically, but rather its mental fortitude. Through the mental attack, she let anyone who who she deems as enemy suffer in excruciating pain like torture which burdens the soul. This is equivalent to death throw torture a soldier in war undergo whenever they are captured by the enemy forces.

Such gruesome torture as all felt by every target through their minds. If clerics treated poorly in recovering a victim's state of mind, her song could leave scar to their mental fortitude which resulted in the regression of knowledge of a person. For example a grown person who couldn't read nor write due to the hell that one experience in life.

However luckily for Asmodeus, he only underwent a slight headache upon hearing Diva's song. Due to having a fragment of the Aqua sphere's power, such power naturally protected his mind, resulting to him able to stand against Diva's mental attack. 

Even thought the mental attack proved to be a slight hindrance, Diva was still able to stall for a few seconds as Asmodeus inavertedly stopped his rush the moment his headache ensue. From that few seconds of stalled time, Lionel then finally reached his opponent as he delivered a quick upwards hook towards Asmodeus  to shoo him away from Diva.

Unfortunately despite having a headache, Asmodeus was still quite sane as he somehow able to defend himself from Lionel's intervention by using the handle of his scythe as a shield from his attack. Due to that he was flung away by a few steps as he landed in front of Lionel.

"Don't ever think you could get close to her"

"I see... looks like i really need to have to get past you in order to target her"

With Lionel assuring proclamation about protecting her, Diva quickly shifted back to her supporting role as she sung a buffing song.

"Song of Swiftness"

Previously buffed with strengthening power coupled with the buff of swiftness, Lionel then suddenly disappeared in his place as he firstly initiated the attack on Asmodeus. On the other hand the moment Lionel disappeared from where he stand, Asmodeus eyes suddenly pop out in surprise as he raised his sensitivity in his surroundings and darted his sight towards his back which has the likely place of a sudden sneak attack.

Just as he expected, the moment he glanced on his back, Asmodeus saw a hint of Lionel's silhouette as he instinctively tilted his head to the side along his body in order to dodge Lionel's right straight jab to his head. But soon as he dodged that initial attack, Lionel left fist cam in for an attack as the person hi9mself chained up his initial strike with a quick left straight.

From that Asmodeus quickly shifted his position as he quickly pulled up his scythe and block the attack by its handle. Following that successful block, Asmodeus quickly countered back with a quick spin of his scythe which push away Lionel's arm, as he grabbed the handle in reverse position and slashed upwards towards his target.

Unfortunately Lionel quickly picked up such notice as he jumped out of the scythe's range, before he quickly ran up towards Asmodeus in another angle. Coming in from the behind once more, Lionel blocked the quick follow up slash from Asmodeus upon noticing his movement with a left knee block to his handle, and instantly counter back with a straight right punch towards his face.

However the moment his follow up slash had failed, Asmodeus then saw the fist coming his way, as he used his free hand to catch the strike and completely block the attack from Lionel.

With Asmodeus free hand completely taken out, Lionel came in with his own free hand as he came down with a left hook from a unblockable area. However little did for everyone's surprise, Asmodeus had blocked such an attack by using his forehead to meet back upfront towards incoming strike. Using his forehead as a shield, Asmodeus manage to minimize the damage he received while also gravely inflicting pain towards Lionel as a rebound from his attack.