Chapter 181: Uphill Battle III

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

Upon seeing that Merlin bravely delivered his very own version of sneak attack in combination to his illusion magic, the cult member that was holding unto his short sword then smiled cheekily as he quickly enhanced his weapon with strengthening enhancement and sharpening enhancement. Following that the cult member then lounged forward towards Merlin as he slashed down his weapon which collided against Merlin's Long sword.

"Cheeky aren't you? do you think just because you are able to land a sneak attack on me, means that your better than me?"

"Pretty much" replied Merlin with a smile

With that Merlin pushed off the cult member with his very own strength as he quickly closes in by just a few steps, to quickly follow up an instant counter. but the moment he delivered a quick instant double cross slash towards the cult member, the said person then suddenly used an instant teleportation to blink behind Merlin and and quickly delivered out a thrust aiming for his head.

But as if Sensing the danger behind him the moment his attacks missed its target, Merlin then tilted his head to the side barely dodging the attack as he swung back his staff and blasted a bean behind him. Unfortunately his sudden maneuver didn't dealt much towards the cult member as it somehow was able to p[protect himself from his blast by erecting a huge shield all around his body.

"Tch!" clicked Merlin as he jumped back

Seeing his reaction the cult member then laughed loudly in amusement as he properly organized his own footing before happily and proudly calling out to Merlin.

"Your good! Your reflexes are good! we could have been best pals, however you just have to side with that rotten kingdom... don't you?"

"Well the grass is greener on this side, I've got nothing to complain" replied Merlin

"Greener? Bwahahaha! Can you still say that f you knew that the Kingdom you served had once persecuted the mages?" asks by the cult member

"Persecution of the mages? that's not how i saw it, the reason why your group got persecuted is because you tried to extend your reach towards the royalties.. that is way off the limit... no matter how much you twist your perception of the events in the past based on your accepting standards, you wouldn't be able to change the past... every past have a reason why they happened... and your group reaching out of bounds is one of t6he reasons" said Merlin

Hearing his words, the cult member then smiled once more as he asked.

"Heh! looks like your not one of those dumb idiots... so what's your name?"

"Merlin..."

"Merlin... i see... Names Lucas, one of the higher ups of the cult, 6th in the position... you should be honored to be able to exchange swords or magic with me" said Lucas one of the cult member higher ups

Pulling off the cover from his head and completely exposing his face  with a huge scar on the side of his eye coupled with his black hair, Lucas then cheekily charged forth once more as he attacked Merlin.

*********

On the other hand while Merlin was busy dealing against his own enemy who proved to be a formidable opponent, Shun himself got pushed back by the force of his opponent wielding a great sword as he barely escaped from deaths door when he bent back to avoid getting his own head chopped off. After dodging that attack in that manner, he then kicked the opponents weapon to launch himself farther away from his opponents reach before throwing in some skills directly towards it.

"Overload!!! Fox Fire!!! Bouncing Blades!!!"

Unfortunately his opponent a member of the cult then reacted fast enough as it jumped back to dodge his first skill, swayed to the side to dodge his second skill, and slashing his sword in front of him to parry his third skill. After parrying the attacks with its own movement, the cult member then charged once more as he swung down his great sword right towards Shun.

This time however Shun didn't tried to block nor parry the attacks, but rather he suddenly used flicker to instantly appear behind his opponent in that split second and slashed down his Gunblade right across its back. In just one slash blood then spurt out everywhere as that particular cult member roared in pain and tried to attack behind the person him.

But the moment the cult member wielding a great sword swung his sword behind him, Shun then used Shunpo to blink below his front and slashed his Gunblade on his sides. Once more the cult member ached in pain from having his sides being attacked out of nowhere as he directed his gaze below his front and swung down  his great sword. However this time Shun used Yasuo's 'sweeping blade' to enter the cult member blind spot and attacked his left leg.

Dropping on its knee, the cult member then roared in pain once more from having his leg attacked as he glared towards Shun's direction, but the moment he glanced his way, Shun himself had already disappeared as he entered his blind spot once more by using Zed's 'Living shadow'. For a fact everything he did in that split second is stated below.

'Living Shadow, slash on his left shoulder... Abscond, slashing his left ankle... Shunpo, stabbing his back... Flash, slashing across his chest... Sweeping blade, slashing his shoulder blades... Void assault, slashing off his left eye... Spirit rush (1x), slashing his face... Spirit rush (2x),stabbed  his pelvis... Spirit rush (3x), stabbing  in between his ribs'

After that last attack, Shun pulled out his Gunblade out its ribs and chucked its muzzle below the cult member's chin. With a slight click of the trigger an electrified beam shot through the cult member's brain as it then fell to the ground unable to even defend himself from Shun's barrage of attacks.

When his opponent fell Shun then planned to help Merlin from dealing against his enemy when suddenly he paused on his steps and felt magic swirling all around the corpse of the opponent that he had just taken down.

In an instant a sudden burst of magical energy gathered unto the corpse as Shun saw all of its injuries closing up as if nothing happened and the body itself starting to move as if everything he did was for nothing. It that few moment the cult member stood up once more as it showed an evil; grin and directly gave an answer towards Shun's confused look

"Resurrection... You cant kill me that easily... Time for round two"