Chapter 191: Fragmented power of the Aquasphere II

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As the smoke rose everywhere due to the chain of explosions that Merlin had detonated, the person himself then sighed out of relief as he took a breather from that non stop series of movement. However the moment Merlin took a breather, three ranged spells ranging from dark element and water element then zoomed towards him from the smoke, forcing Merlin to quickly held up his staff and form a barrier made out of mana.

Unfortunately the projectile were so fast that Merlin was able to block two of them while the third shot made it past his barrier and took out one of his arm. Luckily for him he was able to activate his instantaneous passive spell  "Illusory Avatar" to not feel the pain of having his arm blown off. Due to the spell his detached arm disintegrated into petals as it slowly reattached itself in his body.

However in that moment while Merlin's attention was fully focused in his detached arm, chills then crawled down his spine as he saw Asmodeus in a full swing motion with his scythe directly heading for his whole body. Unable to defend himself in time, Merlin entrusted his whole safety to his passive spell "Illusory Avatar" to turn his whole body into a temporary illusion made out of nature's mana.

In just one swing Asmodeus scythe cuts down Merlin's body in half as he prepares to activate his own spell which negates Merlin's passive spells effect.

"Mana Disruption..."

Upon hearing the name of the spell, Merlin's eyes stared wide in shock as he grew afraid of having such spell successfully activate and negate the effect of his "Illusory Avatar". Just like its name stated Mana refers to the energy of the whole world which is given off by the very planet itself as the source of all powers, Disruption means disturbance or problems which interrupt an event, activity, or process.

Since Merlin's passive spell "Illusory Avatar" works due to absorbing mana in the surrounding in an instant, which also instantly activate the spell without any lag time, The moment the spell "Mana Disruption" activates, it will then scatter the mana in the surrounding area which would disrupt the activation of Merlin's spell and cause it to malfunction and self-destruct. If Merlin's spell was deactivated in the process wherein Merlin's body is cut in half, the process would then cancel itself and leave his body cut apart, which would literally kills him. 

Due to this fear could be seen apparent on Merlin's eye. Not on the weapon, nor its caster, but rather the spell itself.

In that moment before the spell could fully activate itself, Lionel then quickly grabbed ahold of Asmodeus scythe as he towers above him and locked his weapon in a certain position. Due to this out of wariness, Asmodeus quickly cancelled his spell as he glared back towards Lionel, which was then met with a strong sucker punch straight to his guts. Due to the force of the punch, Asmodeus was then  blown away together with his scythe as he crashed against the rocks, before regaining his footing.

Looking at the person who struck him out of nowhere, Asmodeus simply gave out a cold laughter as he spat out a mouthful of blood to the side.

"...That's a good punch"

Contrary to Asmodeus praise, Lionel felt the pain on his fist which struck Asmodeus, causing him to grit in pain while having a swollen hand. After all despite him being able to send Asmodeus away through the use of force and save Merlin, he couldn't help but ache in pain as he felt like a punching a metal wall comparable to titanium when he punched Asmodeus.

He doesn't know how such a person could create such defense, but one thing he knew was that despite the enemy having a powerful defense, all he had to do was keep on attacking it to the point that its defensive barrier or armor would break due to pressure.

Looking at Merlin's disintegrating body as he reforms it elsewhere in a safe place, Lionel then focused his sight towards Asmodeus as Diva slowly approach him from afar.

"Diva! stay there! don't come any closer... this guy... he's too dangerous"

As if mocking Lionel's words, Asmodeus then parroted in.

"Yeah! listen to him Diva or whatever your name is... I'm such a scary person to the point that a big guy as him needs to handle me"

"Shut your mouth!" shouted by Lionel

"Did i hit a nerve somewhere? You've already seen what i did against your allies right? both the summoner and the illusionist couldn't even defeat me, so how the heck could you expect to beat me?"

"... Well that is up for me to decide"

"... A stubborn one... I see"

At those words, tension then filled the air as Lionel shouted back at Diva from afar.

"Support me from that distance, no matter what don't get near this guy"

As if understanding Lionel's words, Diva simply nodded in agreement as she prepares her supporting songs which would drastically aid the flow of the battle.

In that moment as if all air had stopped flowing in the area, both Asmodeus and Lionel charged towards each other as the former brandish his scythe while the latter clank his fist together. In just one charge Asmodeus swung down his scythe, which was then dodged by Lionel on his right and countered back with a right hook swing towards the former's face.

Reacting to such a counter Asmodeus pulled back his head which dodged the right hook, as he quickly pulled back his scythe and swung the handle towards the back of Lionel's head followed by reverse upwards slash from its blade. However in response to that attack Lionel then quickly ducked down his head which dodged the handle swing, as he took a huge jump back which dodged the followed up upward swing of Asmodeus scythe.

Not taking a rest Asmodeus then closes in towards Lionel after having his attack miss, as he plans to swing his scythe below the waist of his opponent. But before he could fully swing his weapon into a full scale, Lionel stopped the momentum of his swing with a side knee upward kick to its handle, which was then followed up by an axe kick straight to his head.

After for what seems like moments, Lionel had finally dealt a blow towards Asmodeus with his unavoidable axe kick to the head. In that one attack, the ground shook from the force of the drop as a cracked crater formed around them.