Chapter 185: Every Second Count II

[Outskirts of the Kingdom, Near the border]

As the Head General of the army took over the responsibility of taking down the troublesome opponent that Akito was fighting, the person himself was then reluctantly pulled away from the battlefield as he got treated by 4 healers. While he was being treated back to full health, the Head General then spared no time whatsoever as he charged forth and engaged the enemy in combat.

While that was happening on one part of the battlefield, Shun on the other hand was currently in a spree against his own opponent who apparently cannot die no matter how many times he killed him. By this point Shun had already killed Daniel for about 5 times already and each revival he undergoes only just makes him stronger and faster than his previous performance.

He doesn't know if such feat has it's limit, but Shun is sure that he must destroy the source his opponent's revival before he becomes invincible. During that time frame Shun tried to kill Daniel by a straight shot through the brain or a heart piecing attack, but none of those managed to kill it off.

Even thought the brain and the heart serves as the source of energy for the whole body to move, like an engine in a vehicle. Shun then concluded that Daniel's circumstances was quite different from the ordinary, but closely related top how a monster operate. One primary example is the slime.

As the slime has a nucleus which serves as a core, then perhaps Daniel's source of revival magic was something hidden deep inside him or underneath himself. A center focal point wherein his magical energy gathers. Unfortunately that will only be possible to distinguish if Shun was able to see through the flow of mana inside a human body.

Such type of perception needs the aid of a very special eyes which see through mana flow, and such eyes are like the rare among the rarest type of treasure. With such special circumstances unavailable to Shun, it was no wonder why he couldn't pinpoint the focal point of the human's mana flow. If that was the case, then it was practically impossible for Shun to defeat Daniel, no matter how many times he killed him.

With such difficulty, Shun then had no choice as he saw Daniel cut Rek'sai in half with a single swing of his sword. With that fatal strike, Rek'sai summoning was then undone as she returned to the book with a long cooldown waiting till she can be re-summoned again. As if that wasnt enough, even his own Gunblade was destroyed in the process when he tried to block the attack. 

Throwing away his Gunblade, Shun then pulled out a dual sword Lichbane from his system's store as he glared back towards Daniel. Meanwhile as the person on the receiving end of the glare, Daniel simply smiled back as he gripped his Greatsword tightly and launched himself off towards Shun in a berserk manner.

Slashing down his sword with a roar, Shun then instantly flashed behind Daniel as he struck back with two slashes of his lichbane, which was eventually blocked by a backhand swing from the latter. Afterwards Shun then Jumped back quite a distance away from him as he opened up his summoning book and summoned Shyvana in her dragon form, before blasting the place with her own flame breath.

While the explosion from the flame breath rung out towards the surroundings, Daniel then suddenly rushed out from the explosion site as he drew his Greatsword and slashed them towards Shyvana. Upon seeing such an approach, Shyvana then quickly drew back her neck, barely dodging the sword slash as she struck down with her own claws.

"Twin Bite!!!"

As Shyvana struck down her claws, Daniel then held his Greatsword like a shield with his whole body supporting it from behind and blocked the dragon's attack. Afterwards Daniel spun his heel around and he charged forward and prepared to decapitate Shyvana right across her neck. However by the time that he was able to enact such an action, Shyvana  moved her neck out of Daniel's range as she breath out a mouthful of flame right to its face.

"Flame Breath!!!"

As a result of that sudden attack, Daniel then crashed to the ground as he tried to put out the fire coating his whole body. But by doing so he actually showed a huge opening for Shun, causing the latter to quickly take such chance and decapitate his head right at such place. Quickly following that Shun then used his own skills as he tired to incinerate Daniel's body, for the chance of ending his cycle of reincarnation.

Unfortunately that was a tall tale, not everything goes your way. Just like expected a surge of red mana then once again converge to Daniel's corpse as Shun witnessed the incinerated body starting to move and heal itself to its original state.

Not waiting for the enemy to fully restore itself, Shun then ordered Shyvana to flood Daniel to a sea of flames using her flame breath, while he prepares to cast one hell of a destructive blast. Gathering a huge mana towards his mouth, Shun's energy then begun to distort the space around him as his converges started to shake the whole battlefield.

For a moment the whole world slightly turned dark, as the ground shook like a quake, and  mana started to converge towards Shun's mouth to the point as if he sucking all the energy of the whole world. Despite not having a visible mana circle which can literally shake the whole atmosphere, everyone then suddenly felt the sudden change of flow of mana, causing everyone to suddenly turn stiff on their place.

After all with such a huge gathering of mana, it was only natural that everyone that is present would be suddenly suppressed by the atmosphere, to the point that even a simple breathing is hard. Nevertheless no one dared to even move an inch as everyone observed the current situation.

In the midst of that commotion, Daniel had finally restored himself to full health as he laugh his heart out, due to the fact that Shun had failed to completely destroy his mana core. But as soon as he felt the sudden change in the atmosphere and the twisting of space, his laughter then suddenly came into a halt as he glared towards Shun's direction.

The moment his eyes landed on his target, his pupils then suddenly constricted into a dot, as he saw a hollow energy of an unknown magic and source gather towards his opponent's mouth. For the very first time, Daniel felt threatened. If he miscalculates his steps, he would then be completely obliterated by Shun's attack. No matter what he must not get caught by that attack.

As the huge mana finally finished gathering towards Shun, the person himself then opened up his mouth as his eyes glowed white and enact the strongest skill of Aurelion sol.

"Voice of Light!!!"

In a single blast, Shun released a huge amount of energy equaling to the destructiveness of a cosmic blast. In that single moment, the whole world was then bleached in white light.