Chapter 35

Vice's POV:

As I step out of the bathroom, I saw Karylle busy checking her cellphone. I looked at her specially her face. She's frowning about something on her phone. But my gaze traveled from her eyes to her nose then to her lips.

Then, I remember the moment when our faces were just millimeters away from each other once again. I can remember her eyes intently staring my eyes.. Her nose touching my nose and our breath mixing together. Those moistly, tiny lips that were slightly opened. Her face is shining because of the light that the moon reflecting her skin.

I felt my throat dried because of the picture of her in my mind, so I hardly swallowed. My eyes are still on her face and I can see her lips spreading. Then her lips separated a bit and she closed it again. It moves slowly, like everything is in a slow motion..

But I was jerked back to the reality when my sight became black. All black!

I panicked silently.. Then I felt a soft thing on my face.. I immediately grabbed it and squeezed it a bit. As I removed the fluffy thing, I frowned when I realized that it was a pillow.

I turn my head up and shifted my gaze to the bed where Karylle was.. And right there! I saw her giggling while sitting comfortably on the bed.

I flashed a scowl on my face.. "Did you you just throw a pillow on my face?"

Then she laughed even more.. I frowned on the idea that she's making fun of me.. Which I don't know why.

"Kindly explain it to me using a phrase rather than a laugh. Cause as far as I know, we still have the same dialect." I said it in a coldest way that I can.

Then, she tried to close her mouth and control her laugh. "I'm sorry Vice. It's just that... It's just.." She's having a hard time completing her sentence because she's busy giggling.

I raised a brow on her, so she cleared her throat and breathe deeply. "I just notice you standing there and staring at.... I don't know what you're staring at to.. I called you and I tried to talk to you. But still, you're too serious."

She smirked.. "I'm sorry, but I think your checking me out."

I felt a heat gushed on my face. So I threw my sight to something else aside her.. "I'm not!" I want it to sound so real, but it came out as a mumble..

Then, Karylle shrugged her shoulders and she stood on her feet.. "Whatever you say, Vice.. I'm just kidding."

She's walking to my direction crippled and she held my arm. I was jolted on the feeling that I felt because of her skin touching mine. Karylle pointed the door behind me.. "Ahem! Can I?"

"Oh!" Is the only word that I managed to produce, when I realized that I'm actually blocking her way to the bathroom. So I stoop on the side to give her a way. But when I turn my head on her, she's inside the bathroom already, closing the door.

I shove a breath out of my lungs as if my whole energy came along and I felt so drained. I lazily dropped my body on the bed and felt the smooth silk of the sheaths under my skin. I groan on the feeling I thought I felt a long time ago.. It's so relaxing..

---------------------------------------------

"Hhmm.."

I open my eyes and I saw a dim yellow light coming from a lampshade on the table. I squeeze my eyelids close and open it once more. What happened? I think, I fell asleep.