Chapter 4

Karylle is in her office checking for the blueprints when Mr. Reynaldo Viceral came in..

-Tok Tok-

"Good morning miss beautiful! Am I interrupting you?" Mr. Viceral said and walked inside Karylle's office. 

Karylle stood and rolled the blueprints she's checking on. "Of course not Tito. Have a sit po.. So, what can I do for you Tito? Si Anne po kasi nasa site pa."

"Well, actually I'm here because I want talk to you.. I have a business proposal for you." He started while sitting on the visitor's chair.

Karylle knitted her brows, wondering on her visitor's proposal. "Ok.. If I can manage it Tito.. What is this business proposal po ba?"

"Well, I'm going to build a new subdivision in Laguna and I want your company to design and build the houses."

K smiled and delightedly accepted the offer. "Wow! Sure Tito.. I want to be a part of it."

"Glad to hear that! So you can just sent someone in Laguna to check the site then.."

But Karylle shook her head. "No need Tito.. I'll be the one who'll check the site."

Mr. Viceral leaned forward. "Aren't you busy hija?"

"Tito naman! Hindi ka na iba sa akin. And you know me, hands on ako sa ganyan. I personally check everything."

He nodded. "Yan naman ang gusto ko sayo hija, you're taking care of your clients. Kaya naman hindi ka nila iniiwan e."

"I'm just returning the favor. They pay me much, so I just give them much as well." Karylle replied genuinely.

Mr. Viceral just smiled because of amusement on how professional and mature Karylle was. Hoping that his son is like her in business and in his life..

"How lucky that man is..." He blurted out.

K furrowed her forehead on Mr. Viceral's sudden words. "Po?"

"I mean, your boyfriend is so lucky to have you." He explained.

"I can never say, cause i don't have one Tito." She smiled shyly and pretended on checking the blueprints.

"Wait! What?! I don't buy that!"

K chuckled with her eyes still on the papers to show that she's uninterested. "Well, you should be.. Because that's the truth po.."

But Mr. Viceral insisted to continue the topic. "There will never be a man, who won't see you as a perfect woman in their life. What i mean is, you have the brain, beauty and you are very loving.. Ano pa ang hahanapin nila!"

She laughed on her uncle's sweet words. "Naks! Thank you Tito for all those compliments.. But I'm happy for what I have now, cause I have my friends, my family and my career.. Those are enough for me."

"But still different if you have a partner in life. You should find one K.."

She sighed on his persistent attitude. "Tito, you sound like your daughter, Anne (Sigh)... Like father like daughter."

A smirked drew to his face. "We are just concern about you.. I'm just being like a father here hija.. We want you to be happy.."

But Karylle didn't take Mr. Viceral seriously. "Tito talaga.. Bat ang drama niyo ngayon?"

"Ewan ko sayo.. You are beautiful, brainy and talented no doubt on that, but you're still stubborn.." He said laughing while standing.

"Well, nobody is perfect Tito.." Then she tease and laughed with him

He shrugged his shoulder. "I'm still not losing hope on you hija.. If you want yung panganay ko na lang ang i-boyfriend mo ng tumino at mahawa sa maturity mo.."

"Tito!!"

"Whatever! So see you in Laguna hija.." Still laughing

"Ingat po Tito!.."

*Tito Reynaldo became my second father specially when my parents seperated.. I love them like my own family and Anne is like my sister.. But I find her brother weird. Cause I don't see him much. I first saw her brother when he drove Anne to my party but I did not have the chance to talk to him.. According to Anne's story, he is playful, in a way that he is not a serious type.. But the last time I saw him, he was just quiet.. Which made me think that he is weird. And made it impossible for me to like him. He is not my type..*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Viceral is standing in front of his son's condo unit, impatiently waiting for his son to open the door..

-Dizz Dizz-

"Dad!" Vice irritatedly welcomed his father.

"What made you so long to open your door?" Walked in and sat on the couch.

"Cause I'm in the bathroom.. You did not even inform me that you're coming." Sitting beside his father on the couch. "Is there any problem?"

Mr. Viceral shook his head. "Well, I visited 3Kings trading this morning.. And I came here, so I can talk to you too.."

"Talk about what?"

Mr. Viceral, seated properly. "You know that we are going to build a subdivision in Laguna, right?"

"Yes i know.. So??"

"I'm appointing you to go in-charge.."

Vice suddenly reacted. "What?'Dad no! What am I suppose to do there?"

"What to do there? Son, I'm assigning you to go there for our BUSINESS.. That's what you are going do there!" Mr. Viceral replied with authority on his voice.

"But Dad, how about our project here in Makati?" Vice tried to complain.

But Mr. Viceral already made up his mind. "Since when did you have a concern in our bussiness? Besides, we only have few lots left in Makati, so we can handle that.. Right now our project in Laguna is more important."

"Fine!" Defeated on his tone.

Mr. Viceral showed a winning smile and stood on his feet. "I want you to be there on friday.. So you can assist the engineer who will check the site."

"Is it Mr. Salvador?" He curiously asked.

"No.. We have a different engineer for this project.. Since Mr. Salvador needs to go overseas."

Vice tilted his head, curious on who will replace the engineer that usually lies on Vice's behalf to save him to his father. "Then who will be our engineer?"

"You'll see." Mr. Viceral hid a the smirk on his face and walked out.

Vice just shook his head because of his father's action.. He really want Vice to handle this project, not just for the business but to make his son meet Karylle also. Mr. Viceral likes Karylle for his son. But they are both against his plan. So he did not tell them the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------