Chapter 44

-------------

"I'm glad my favorite client came to my special day!" A small old man walking towards Karylle, welcoming her as she enter the venue of their party.

Karylle gave him a smile as her response and they greet each other thru a kiss in the cheek. But before she can say something, another old lady came near them.

"Dear, how many times do I have to remind you that it's not your party. It's ours." The old lady said with class in her tone before she welcome Karylle with a hug.

"Oh dear! It's not what I meant. You know the moment I lay my eyes on you, I promise myself that you will be my wife. You will be mine. So what is yours is mine and what is mine is yours. We are one!" The old man explained while cuddling to his wife.

The old lady is pushing her husband a little, pretending sulking on his words but Karylle can see the old lady smiling.

"I always see them this sweet even at work. And I admire them so much because of it." Karylle whispered near Christian's ear. Which made him smile.

He looked at her girlfriend and wrap his arm around her shoulder. "You like cuddling?"

Karylle smiled and bumped him using her hip. "It's not that. Can't you see? They love each other and they're not ashame of it. They don't care on what others will say. What is important for them is how will they show to each other thst they are special and how to make them feel that they are loved."

And they both look at the happy married couple.

"I once dreamt of this. To grow old with someone and stay this sweet and loving to each other. I once pictured myself being like this with... With.." Karylle reminisced while giving a sad glance on Christian.

Then her attention came back to Mrs. Uy.

"Enough of us, my dear. Our lovely guests are waiting." She said pertaining to Karylle and Christian.
Karylle giggled on how cute the couple are. "I really admire your marriage. That kind of love is so extinct."

The old couple laugh for a moment on K's reaction. "Actually, everyone can have this. Only time that matters.. Patience matters.."

Karylle thought about what Mr. Uy said. "Does Time really matter? Am I not investing time? Is it really the key?"

"But I guess, you don't need more time.. It looks like you found the one." Mrs. Uy said while smiling.

Then Karylle lifted her face to see Christian that Mrs. Uy was pointing at. She saw him looking at her as well, so K gave a smile.

"Did I?" Karylle doubtedly asked in her thought.

They talk some more about different things like their family and business things. But Karylle felt her heart skipped a beat when she saw a familiar figure.

Karylle panicked when she saw Vice entering the entrance hall. She did not expect him to attend the party cause she has no idea of any connection of him on the gathering.