Chapter 19

Anne's POV:
I'm here at my office doing nothing even a lot of papers are piled up on my table.. I'm so pre-occupied by my brother and Karylle playing inside my mind since last 2 days..

Lazily leaning back to my chair while looking at nothing specifically is the only thing that I am doing right now.. I've been calling and texting Karylle but she's not answering any of my calls and texts or messages in her viber, skype, facebook, facetime and cellphone.. I want to talk to her, but I can't contact her.

I close my eyes and breathe deeply to clear my mind with this random thoughts.. What I meant about random thoughts-- Vice and Karylle.. But I was flipped back from the train of my thoughts when Colleen went in and lend me a cup of coffee.. I looked at her and she gave me a sweet smile.. So, i did the same thing and smiled back..

Colleen: Exhausted?

Anne: *Sigh*.. Well, kinda.. (Took a sip on her coffee)

Colleen: Is it because of work or is it because of something else??

I stared at her.. It looks like she knows something.. Does she? Or she's just really good at reading people?.. Can I tell something to her?.. Well, I think I can trust her.. We've been friends since she started working as K's secretary and we became more closer when she assisted me how to run this company..

Anne: Tell me Colleen.. What will you do if you are stuck between your friend who is moving on and to a person very close to you still hoping for your friend's love.??

Colleen think for a minute before answering to my question.

Colleen: Hmmm.. It's difficult to find for an exact solution.. But I think, the best thing to do is to just let them on their own.. And prepare yourself to comfort each of them when they needed it..

Anne: But all I want is for them to be happy.. And I know being together will make them happy.. (Turned her eyes on her hands holding the cup)

Colleen: I know all you want is to see them happy.. But it's all on them Ate Anne.. They are the one who makes their own happiness.. And as their friend, our role is to stay on their side for every ups and downs, for every pain and joy in their lives..

She has a point.. I kept on pushing them together because of the thought that their happiness is being with each other.. But I was wrong.. It is still on their hands to be happy and their choice on what will make them happy..

I heave a sigh and smiled at her to show that I'm okay.. Then she went out after I said my thank you and informed me my schedule for today..

*******************

I let myself busy with all the papers infront of me to forget what troubles me awhile ago.. Then I heard a knock but I'm too lazy to face the door. So, I just said my approval on letting the person in and did not mind to take a glance to the person who went in..

----: So sad to see that those papers are more important than to spare a little time to you looking at me and to welcome me!!

Wait! That voice is so familiar.. Am I right?? Or I'm having an auditory hallucination??.. I slowly lift my face and stared at the woman standing in front of me.. She is wearing the same smile and she looks beautiful as she was.. My gosh!! I missed this girl so much!!

Anne: Waaaahhhhh!! (Shouted with her eyes wide open)

K: Hey!..(Covering her ears with her hands)... Anne, hug is enough and no need to shout.. (Giggling while talking)