Chapter 6

Its 5 in the evening when Vice went to Billy's house.. They are currently drinking beer and talking while they're waiting for Vhong.. Then someone called on Vice's phone..

-Dad's Calling-

"Shoot!" Vice panicked when he saw his dad's name on his screen. He don't know what to tell him if his father will open the topic about the project.

Billy was curious when he saw Vice's reaction. "Hey! What happened?"

"Dad is calling."

"Then answer it." Billy said before he sip on his bottle.

But Vice kept on staring his ringing phone. His dad will definitely get mad if he found out what happened. "What am i suppose to say?"

Billy smiled lopsidedly, and chuckled. "Tell him that you over slept because you attended a party last night and got drunk.. Then you arrived at the site 1 hour late, that is why the person that you supposedly need to meet left already.. Simple as that!"

Vice threw a glare on his friend. "You know what? You're such a friend! If I said that to my dad, I'm dead!"

But Billy gave him a rolling eyes. "Come on! Then, what do want to do?.. Avoid your dad?! Bro, face it." Then he laughed.

"You're not helping!" Vice pushed him but not enough to make Billy fall on his chair.

He have no choice, so he answered his phone... "He-hello dad?"

Mr. Viceral: Jose! Why are you not answering your phone? I've been calling you so many times.

"Dad, relax.. My phone is in a silent mode, so i didn't hear it ringing."

Mr. Viceral: Ok.. Well, I just called because i want to know what happened to your meeting.

Vice did not know what to say and he is nervous. He cleared his throat before he answered. "Meeting? Ahhmm.. It-it went well dad."

Mr. Viceral: Really!! That's great.. So, what did you talk about?

"Well, nothing much.. We just talked about the plan. There are a lot of things to do first."

Mr. Viceral: Is that so..

"Y-yes.. A lot of thing to do first before we can start.. That is what he said." There was a short silence on the line before his dad talked again.

Mr. Viceral: What?!.. He said?

Vice panicked when he heard the changes on his dad's tone. "Yyyeeesss Dad! Why? Is there a problem?"

Mr. Viceral: You had a meeting to a guy?!

"Ahh.. Why?" Not sure what to reply.

Mr. Vice: Are you sure that you really talked to the engineer?

Vice can feel the doubt on his father's voice. He tried reversing the situation by acting mad to stop the topic. "Yes dad! What kind of question is that!"

Mr. Viceral: Well, because our engineer is a she, a her!! How come you talked to a guy?!

Vice stuck on his seat. He was surprised and did not cross to his mind the possibility the their engineer is a SHE. *What the F!! Our engineer is a woman?! Ahh!! I'm dead! Think Vice! Think!*......

Mr. Viceral: Hello! Jose?! You still there?!..

"D-dad! Ahhmm!" He tried to compose his voice. "S-she's very busy dad. So, she sent someone to represent her.." The only excuse that came into his mind. "Right! Someone who will represent her."