Chapter 16

It's too early in the morning when Anne opened the door forcefully and entered to her brother's room... She saw Vice on his bed sleeping and she can smell the beer on his room... Anne is so upset and disappointed seeing her brother acting like unaffected but obviously he is.. She noticed him returned to his previous doings, where he doesn't care about the business and always on a party.. Anne shook her head and went closer to her brother while stomping her feet. She tried to shove his body and joggled him on the bed to wake him up and hoping to wake him on his absurdness and idiocity...

Anne: Kuya!! Ano ba!! Wake up!!! (Joggling Vice on the bed)

Vice: Hhhmmmm!! (Cover his head with his pillow)

Anne: Kuuuuyyyyaaaa!! (Remove the pillow on Vice's face and hit his body using the pillow)

Vice: Anne! Can't you see that I'm sleeping!! (Sat and Hold the pillow)

Anne: Can't you see what you are doing??!! Did you forget that today is the day where Karylle is leaving to New York?!!!

Vice's face from being irritated became serious, then he lay back to bed and turned his back to Anne... Anne on the other hand got annoyed and punch her brother's arm..

Anne: Ano ba kasi ang pumupigil sayo!! I know that you want her to stay, but why aren't you doing anything?..

Vice remain quiet and stayed on his position.. Anne heave a deep breath and sit properly on the bed..

Anne: Even you're not telling me, and even you always deny it, I can see that you Love her.. We all know that you do love her.. (Lean back on the footboard of the bed while staring at his brother).... Kuya, try to stop her and I know that she will stay.. Just stop her.. And I'm sure a lot of people will thank you cause we really want her to stay.. Tell her what you truly feels..

Vice is still on his position, lying on his bed and not facing Anne..

Vice: Anne... I want too.. I want her to stay...

Anne: Then make her stay.. (Hold Vice's legs)

Vice: I can't.. There's a great opportunity for her in that place... And making her stay here with me will just ruin her career..
Her, locked with a useless man like me who doesn't know what he truly feels and what he really wants in life, a man who has no path will just drag her to misery and will hurt her at the end! She is so different from me. And she deserves more..

Anne: You're just being pessimistic.. Kuya, Karylle is the smartest girl I know.. She knows what she wants and being with
you is what she wants..

Vice: That's why I'm drawing her away from me.. To make her forget me! (Facing Anne)

Anne: Urgh! You're just hurting Karylle and yourself on what you are doing Kuya!! I know that Karylle will be okay even she stays here and will not take the project on NY.. So stop this none sense!!

Vice: I can't!! Cause I still don't know if I really lo-love... If i really Love h-her.. (Turn his eyes away from Anne).... What if I realized at the end that I really don't feel anything for her.. What if I'm just attracted to her and not inlove with her.. I'll just hurt her.. It's better this way.. She needs it and I need it too.. I think I need to fix myself first, Anne..

Anne sighed and let her brother.. Maybe this is what Vice needs.. She agreed that fixing Vice's self is what he needs, but hoping that it will not be too late for them when that happens..

Anne: Fine! I think you really need that.. (Stand up and walking out through the door)... But I hope it won't be to late for the both of you after fixing yourself..... And by the way, 6am is her flight.. You still have 1 1/2 hour to think!