27

Nick are you okay? Yeah its just that has never happened to me before  Nick you have been stressed lately with the case you and Tony are working on and internal affairs hassling you thinking you two are dirty. The people who know know differently  Even Tim and MacKenzie don't believe it. Yes but they can not do anything or they can lose their jobs. Babe your all stress. Michele has that ever happened to any other guy you been with? Yes be was stressed about being able to afford culinary school,. It happens alot per TJ ,Dr nierro just to name a few in the medical field.  There is nothing wrong with you.  I still love you. Thank you. I am gonna go work out to release some of this stress. Please come to bed afterwards it's late.  I will afterwards.

I hear Nick talking to his penis and angry with it. I want to laugh but don't because it's a huge male ego thing as I have been told by the guys.

My cell rings and it's a group call from our dad.

I am home safe. Iam tired and going to bed. Thank you for doing all what you and your spouses did for me.
We all said in unison your welcome and love him. He tells us he loves us too and ends the group call.

Avery did your dad get home safe? Yes Jackson. Jackson here is the check  my dad wrote  You are to cash it...Bailey has paid me already quite nicely. My dad knows that but he wanted you to have this anyway.  He said for you to buy some clothes for work and fun..okay. I will text him now. Good night. Night Avery. Night Jackson.

I text Jason thanking him and he said no problem. I take  a shower. I have some school work to do .

I finally feel Nick climbing into bed  .He kisses me and we nod off .

The following morning Maur and I leave to work separately. I drive up in my tesla and Yilena sees me and makes a smart ass comment hoping I wouldn't hear it when she mumbles it to Janice. Janice tells her to stop she has enough of her bull shit comments about me getting the job.

Yilena have you ever thought why the sheriff asked her to be the deputy sheriff and not you?
No why don't you ask him.  You are soured on her getting it and you don't know why he asked her and turned you down after you applied for it. I am going inside now for roll call. You coming? Yes.

Janice was right I did not ask Jay why I  didn't get the job.I  only made assumptions. I follow her inside.

We all are on the briefing room. Waiting on Jay and Jane.

Morning everyone as you know I have finally felt the need to hire a deputy sheriff to help me with my work load. It's gotten too much for me after our previous deputy sheriff retired. Everyone please welcome deputy sheriff Jane Rizzoli.  She is more than qualified for the job.  She has plenty of knowledge of police work as she has worked in several departments abroad and in the states.  I hope you will all welcome her and not allow your egos to get in the way. If you have a problem with her she will have the same authority as me to write you up, transfer you, suspend you and if necessary fire you.

Ouch I thought to myself.  Jay okay I  will behave.  I mouthed to Jane I am sorry. She smiles at me when she sees me apologize.

Jay leaves and Jane goes over new protocols for our updated body cams. She leaves and the captain goes over the rest. We finally are done on roll call.

Janice you were right.  Jay hired her for a reason.  I  am sorry for acting like a child whi didn't get her way. It's bad enough people will be calling each other deputy sheriff or detective and it will be wrong. The good thing they will begin to see the difference as well as our vehicles.  She has got one bad ass roadster. Maura told me she and Jane went to the bay area to buy her a new car and Maura returned with a massarati.  I didn't see her pull up in one. No she brought Esmi's old suv instead.  Jane hadn't bought a third vehicle yet and she just wants to break her tesla in slowly. It's not ran on batteries anymore.  It's on hydrogen now. They are getting hydrogen put in their place their place this week.