Saved

⚠️ Mention of abuse and neglection ⚠️

˚ ☁︎ ˚

San POV:

I stood in front of the villa which I found to be much larger than in the pictures. I was overwhelmed with excitement. How can people be that rich?

The breathtaking gilded door opened and a young man stepped out. He was definitely older than me and stood tall in front of me. He invited me inside, told me what to do and soon left me alone in the large living room area.

While mopping the floor, I couldn't help but look at the framed pictures that were displayed on the walls and shelves. Family pictures. The mother and the father with their two sons were displayed at every frame. One picture though, stood out from all the others. It was one where the mom was craddling a little baby propably just a few days old. Where did that baby go in all the other pictures? I wasn't sure. Compared to the other ones, it was a very small picture not as large and big as the others. It was almost hidden behind all the huge frames on the shelve.

No longer interested, I went on and after all the rooms I was finally in the process of cleaning up on the last one. So far all the rooms have been very bright, clean and also beautifully decorated. Just as I put my hand on the doorknob to open the door, the door opened utself and an angrily looking elder man came out of the room. He acted weird and tried to close the door as quickly as possible, making ut impossible for me to take a peek inside. He strictly forbade me to go into the room. It was the man in the picture. The father. I took one last look at the door before he told me to tag along and read the name Wooyoung. Was that the name of the baby in the picture I saw earlier? Did the baby not make it? I respectfully bowed to the man, thinking I had reminded him of their late son, grabbed my wiper and followed him.

Back in the kitchen, the man sat down next to his two sons. They didn't dare to look up at me and instead ficused on their phones. When the man saw that my gaze remained on the two boys, he elbowed his wife, who quickly jumped up and took something off the kitchen counter. She walked up to me and put an envelope full of money in my hand, smiled at me and sat down again. She continued reading on her phone when the door behind me to the dining room opened and all eyes fell behind me. At the persons appearenace I saw her panic.

In the middle of the doorway stood a small boy my age. I turned around to properly look at him and smiled but it soon faltered when I saw how abnormally thin and weak he looked. His cheek bones were a little sunken in, he had the hint of a blue eye. His clothes looked as if they were straight out of a garbage bin. They were old, ripped and way too large for his petite body.

The boy didn't seem to have been prepared for meeting me, because when his round, beautiful albeit empty eyes met mine, he was startled and ran away in panic. The father slammed his hand on the table and disappeared behind him. At that exact moment I was asked, even if it almost felt like I was forced, to leave immediately.

I made my way to the door as quickly as possible and unfortunately didn't miss someone sobbing and screaming loudly. For a brief moment, it took me back to the past where I was abused myself. I shook my head. That couldn't be. A rich family would have no reason to do such a thing. I tried to push the thought out of my head and made my way home to my mom but my mind didn't want to stop thinking about the boy. Something felt wrong and it made me scared.

I didn't know who he was. I would have guessed a housekeeper, but he looked too young and too terribly dressed to be working fir them. Had he not looked so worn out, he would have very fine and precise facial features, I thought as I entered through the door at home. I didn't even notice my mother asking me about my worried face.