Loss

⚠️Violence and other heavy stuff (don't want to spoiler but please remember what this book is about!)⚠️

⚠️Please read at your own risk!

。⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

Just one week later, Wooyoung was home alone for the first time without his boyfriend or Seonghwa and Hongjoong, because San and Seonghwa were both at work until lunchtime and Hongjoong had to urgently visit his mother this morning because she needed him. So there was no other choice.

Wooyoung decided not to just sit in the apartment all day and packed a small bag to head to San's mom's place but immediately regretted it when, after a few meters away from the apartment complex, he feels followed and watched.

At a crossroads, his fears were confirmed when he spotted his father. Without hesitating, he abruptly turned around and decided to run through a few side alleys. It was a shortcut to San's mom's apartment, which Wooyoung knew, when out of nowhere his father stepped out from another side alley and stood in front of him. Fear spread through him as he put one foot after the other backwards to get away from him, but bumped into something or someone and quickly turned around. He looked into the eyes of his former bullies who had beaten up Yeosang back then. Wooyoung's breathing quickened and he panicked. His babies kicked him as they sensed Wooyoung's turmoil and discomfort.

"You should have just died back then when I manipulated those sandwiches with poison. But that stupid baker had always given you the regular ones instead of selling you the specially prepared ones. Anyone else would have done exactly what they were told to do for the large amount of money I had offered... But not that bastard. He actually liked you!" Wooyoung couldn't believe it. All this time, Wooyoung thought at the time, the baker had kicked him out because Wooyoung had found out that the sandwiches were bad. In truth, the baker had only wanted to protect him from his father's actions. Had he not gotten the food poisoning back then, he could have almost died had his father tried to take one step further.

"You should not have been born. I wish I had never met your mother, then such a bastard like you would never have been born." Wooyoung's heart broke. He could live with anything thrown at him but these insults gave him the rest. His father had never been so harsh with him. Even the beatings and abuses of that time were gentler than those hurtful words that burned deep into him.

"Finish him off. Just as you finished off his lover Yeosang!" His father ordered and the boys surrounded Wooyoung immediately.

Wooyoung put his arms around his baby bump with the intention of protecting his two babies. He knew, however, that he was at the mercy of the guys and thus also his two unborn.

Wooyoung felt a kick to the back of his knee and immediately slumped down, crashing to the ground onto his knees. A loud scream slipped from his lips as he felt a very painful kick on his back and a numbing, stabbing pain drove into his abdomen. He doubled over and held himself up with one hand on the ground. His other hand was clutching his bump where the pain still throbbed. Falling to the side, he struggled for air while the guys ran off.

He was lying there now. Crying and writhing in pain. The fear for his babies increased when he felt neither kicks nor movements of his son and daughter. When two branded shoes caught his eye, he lifted his head and looked into the dirty grin of his father, who immediately bent down to him.

"Back then, when we finally got rid of that bastard child of that Kang Yeosang, we really thought we finally had you under control and what do you do? Run off and get knocked up by some guy again!" His father spoke through bared teeth as his hand pulled Wooyoung's damp hair tightly, forcing him to look at him, whereupon Wooyoung just shook his head.