Hunting

。⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

The night passed faster than the couple would have liked. San should have gone to work but decided to take the day off fearing that Wooyoung's father might try to come back today to plant more lies into Wooyoung's head.

The bedroom door opened and Wooyoung stepped out into the living room area. Not knowing that San had taken the day off, he was startled when he saw the older one standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Woo... Listen, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday. I couldn't close my eyes after getting you so upset and making you cry. I'm sorry that I blamed you for something that wasn't your fault." San apologized and Wooyoung immediately walked up to him to hug him tightly.

"I am also sorry, I shouldn't have trusted my father so blindly when I know exactly how miserable and wicked he can be. I'm sorry that I locked you out of the bedroom." Wooyoung apologized as well as he buried himself deeper into San's neck.

"I was feeling lonely and missed you." Wooyoung confessed, looking at San before both leaned in and shared a much needed but completely innocent kiss.

A knock on the apartment door sent Wooyoung into a state of emergency. He immediately thought back to yesterday when his father had gained unauthorized access.

San immediately got angry. He bolted out of the kitchen in a rage and stormed towards the door as he yanked it open, scaring his own mother that stood in front of him now.

"Mom! Omg I thought you were someone else!" San sighted a breath of relief and she looked at him weirdly.

"Why are you home today?" She asked trying to catch her breath, confused to find her son home.

"Something happened yesterday and I didn't want to leave Wooyoung alone at home." He scratched the back of his neck. He actually didn't want to worry his mother unnecessarily.

"Is something wrong with the babies?" She asked as she rushed up to Wooyoung to cup his face with her warm hands.

"No... Everything is alright!" The look in his face told her that he was lying. Nothing was alright.

"His father showed up yesterday when I was at work and he manipulated him again. We don't know how he found us and how he knew about everything but he had tried to talk Wooyoung into trusting him." San's fingers found the back of Wooyoung's neck where he massaged the tensed muscles lightly. There was no way he wanted Wooyoung to feel guilty or feel blamed again.

"What? How?" She couldn't believe what her son had just told her. Her loved ones as well as her unborn grandchildren were exposed to a man who had done the most unthinkable to her son-in-law. Of course she would immediately snap into protector mode.

"You're not staying here any longer!" She was already on her way to find a few bags to put their most important and needed belongings into when Wooyoung reached for her arm, stopping her mid action.

"I don't want to cause you any more trouble than what you took on yourself. What if he finds us there as well? He will try to harm you to get to me and I'm not going to let that happen!" Wooyoung firmly stated, refusing to seek shelter in her apartment.

"I have my whole life ahead of me and he won't stop looking for me no matter where I am. I can't hide my whole life!" Reality dawned on him. What if his father really doesn't give up? Does he really have to hide his whole life for the sake of San and his children?