Guilt

⚠️Mention of abuse. Suppression and neglection⚠️

。⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

"Stop pulling me like that. It hurts!" Was his oldest brother always like that or did the 18 year old boy only notice it now? Without receiving further attention he now stood in front of the woman who had never given a damn about him.

"So you found your way back to us? What gives us the honor?" She only looked at her youngest son for a moment but immediately turned her gaze away again.

Wooyoung nervously played with hehem of his hoodie. He had no idea how to act in this situation. He was annoyed that he had come up with such an idea in the first place but now that he was inside this hole of hell, there was no way out.

"I wanted to ask if I can get some money? The woman who took me in works so hard and doesn't deserve to suffer and waste her life like this because of me. A few hundred dollars would be enough. We don't need more and we could easily cintinue to live through the month. I just don't want her to have to restrain herself like that anymore just because she went through the trouble and took me in." He couldn't handle seeing San's mother so exhausted and worn out. He felt guilty. My goodness, the woman didn't even have time to spend some days with her own son anymore, and all because she had taken him in. A boy who had parents who were rich and could easily help her out.

His mother looked over at him and shook her head.

"I knew the day would come and I was already waiting for you to crawl up to us. There you have it. It's been here for the past three years, waiting for you." His mother slid a thick, open envelope across the table. The amount must be several thousand dollars. It was so full that it was overflowing.

Wooyoung was about to walk towards the table and had already reached out for the envelope when she stopped him and glared at him sharply.

"Under one condition!" Wooyoung looked up at her again and saw her dirty grin. He bit tge insides of his mouth, fearing what she is going to say next.

"Come back and leave whoever you've been staying with!" Her tone was demanding and menacing. Wooyoung was intimidated. He had seen his mother like that before, but being treated like that for the first time in all these years made it very clear to the young brown-haired boy that he never wanted to live like that again.

"I would never move back here again. I'm fine where I am. I'm loved, treated wonderfully and above all not blackmailed and beaten!" Wooyoung gritted his teeth. How could she put such a condition on him?

"You should be glad that I'm not demanding compensation for all the pain and torment you caused me in my childhood!" Wooyoung's heart was racing. It was the first time he had spoken out in front of his mother and brothers and blamed them for everything he's been going through. He was very glad that his father wasn't there, because by now he would have been hit.

"Wooyoung, don't be so disrespectful." His second eldest brother, who was watching the whole thing up until now, jumped out of his chair and banged his hands on the table.

"Did they brainwash you guys? How can you still ask me to treat them with respect after everything they did to me. How they ruined my life. You were there when father hit me and locked me up in the shed!" Wooyoung was stunned. They saw you how they treated him. He knew that they knew.

"Wooyoung, none of that ever happened. What's the matter with you? I think that person who took you in put lies into your head, huh? My poor boy." His mother spoke again. She was still as emotionless as all those years ago.