Trepidation

⚠️Fear of Loss, Near death experience⚠️

。⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

On Monday, Wooyoung had to go back to work at the cafe while San took time off to do some errands.

The clock struck half past one and Wooyoung's break was about to begin. Just as he was about to head back into the break room, the door opened.

"Sorry, we're taking a break!" Wooyoung announced and turned to the guests.

As he recognized the faces of Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Jongho and Mingi, a wide grin crept onto his lips.

"We know, that's why we've come to keep you company." Hongjoong sat down on one of the bar stools that was right in front of Wooyoung.

"Ah, someone took the inauguration of the apartment very seriously." Hongjoong grinned and looked at Wooyoung, who immediately adjusted the collar of his white shirt to hide San's flashing hickey again.

"Kim Hongjoong!" Wooyoung blurted out indignantly but only got another grin from the older one. He shook his head and took a sandwich out of his pocket and sat down on one of the bar stools as well to have his first meal of the day.

He and Hongjoong had grown very close over the past years. Wooyoung felt the most comfortable with him but that ended when Hongjoong teased him about his sex life with San. Still, he loved his hyung very much and wouldn't be able to actually get mad at him.

"Don't mind him Wooyoung, you know him by now. Just stupid and useless stuff on his mind, right honey?" Seonghwa stood behind his boyfriend and hugged him from behind with a tight grip.

Everyone laughed loudly as Hongjoong couldn't believe what Seonghwa had just said. He turned around to him and gave him a fat smooch on the lips. His look told him that tonight wasn't going to be too smooth and Seonghwa should be prepared for whatever the younger had on his mind when they got home. Seonghwa, on the other hand, loved his boyfriend's special teaching without Hongjoong having a clue.

Weeks went by and the couple has been living together for a few months now and still enjoy each other's togetherness, which is why they often couldn't keep their hands off each other in the evenings. On every Monday during his lunch break, Wooyoung was visited by at least one of his and San's friends at the cafe. His day-to-day life was sometimes quite exhausting, especially when he and his colleagues were being swarmed by customers. It was a common sight that Wooyoung couldn't get to eat his lunch on time or even at all.

Just as the warmest day of the week had reached them, the air conditioning in the cafe failed and since it was so warm, even more people than usual went to the cafe to hydrate themselves.

It was now well past lunchtime and Wooyoung was ready to take his break. He was very hungry and just wanted a few minutes to himself so he immediately went to the back to get something.

He got the sandwich out of his bag and put it on the table to wipe away the sweat from the forehead with a handkerchief. If he hadn't at least dressed too warmly this morning, he wouldn't be sweating so much now.

He sat down in the break room and bit into his sandwich. At first it tasted a little bit odd, but Wooyoung decided to ignore it because his hunger was just too big.

Luckily he didn't have to stay until the end of the day and after two more hours he was able to go home where San would soon be home as well.

When he got home he had exactly half an hour until San would come home so he decided to prepare dinner which he had just finished when San came through the front door.