Better

Happy Lunar New Year everyone!

I know it's been so long 🙈 but after being sick with the flu for two months and finally feeling like myself again, I've now caught Covid for the second time 😷
I finally got some things done tough

。⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

For days, Wooyoung struggled with himself. He lost his driving force, refused to eat and just looked exhausted.

"Baby, here's some food." San entered the darkened room in the hospital. Wooyoung yelled at anyone who dared to let light into the room. The atmosphere was very gloomy and the depressed mood was very evident.

"I have no appetite." San heard Wooyoung whisper underneath the blanket that was covering his head.

"But you have to eat something, sweetheart... You have to gain strength for Sihun!" San pleaded, touching Wooyoung's hand that peeked out from under the covers after placing the tray onto the table.

"I said I'm not hungry!" Wooyoung stated angrily and San flinched back, biting down onto his bottom lip as he was taken aback and hurt by Wooyoung's harsh tone. He had never seen his boyfriend like that.

San, however, did not resent him in any way. Both handled the situation differently. San mourned quietly and inwardly, wanting to be strong for his partner and not add to the burden or be even more of a burden.

"Alright, but always remember that no matter what you think about right now, I love you!" San looked back at the curled-up ball of blankets Wooyoung was lying underneath and left the hospital room. He needed fresh air to breathe and was in danger of suffocating in the room if he stayed any longer.

As soon as San had left, Wooyoung pushed the blanket down from his head and looked into the dark, empty and silent room. He was left alone and thick, warm tears started rolling down his cheek. He was only pulled out of his sadness when a soft whining made itself heard in the crib.

Wooyoung tried to ignore it and turned around but once Sihun started to actually cry, Wooyoung's heart broke. His cries sounded broken and helpless.

"S... S-Sihun-ah... It's alright..." He prepped himself up onto his elblow and slowly got up from the bed. The pain from the c-section stot through his abdomen but he decided to ignore the numbing pain. It would go away anyway once he receives his medication. Nervousness made itself felt and he had sternly hoped that San would come back to take care of the baby and make him stop crying but Sihun's screams picked up and sounded far too painful for him to bear. They tore Wooyoung apart from the inside. He had no choice but to pick up the infant and go back to the bed where he unbuttoned his shirt and placed Sihun onto his warm chest, whereupon the little one slowly but eventually calmed down again.

Wooyoung didn't know how much time had passed but for the first time since giving birth to Sihun a few days ago, he had felt content and felt the need to take care of and protect the little baby with all his might. He was determined to be a good parent for him and with that thought, he fell asleep with his son on his chest.

By now it was late afternoon and San came back. After leaving the hospital room this morning, he had searched for a quiet place to let all his emotions run free. It felt good to cry, but San wasn't a fan of open emotions that made him look too vulnerable.