Chapter 8

While Hyewon was in her room she heard a loud voice echoing from downstairs. It was a loud and authoritative voice calling for Dasom.

She knew exactly who it was, it's her father or at least he used to be her father but now, she can't even look at him in the eye without having flashbacks of all the horrible things that her 'father' did to her. She just went towards her bed and sat on the side of it.

"I wonder how my life would be if I weren't like this...", Hyewon sighed deeply, looking down at herself before putting her knees up and hugging it.

Slowly, tears well up in her eyes as she curled up into a ball, tightening her embrace on her knees and burying her head into it further. "I just wish for a normal life... I didn't want this...", Hyewon thought as she sobs. Hyewon eventually falls asleep from crying.

***********************

Meanwhile, Kang Donghyun, Hyewon's father, came to the house, with his voice echoing throughout the house. "Dasom! Come here!", he shouted, catching the attention of the said woman.

Dasom came running to her boss and bowed to him. "Do you need anything, Mr. Kang?", Dasom politely asked. "Of course, I need something. I wouldn't call for you if I don't. Get my dinner ready and give it to me later at my office, understand?", Donghyun ordered, full of authority in his voice.

"Yes sir... I'll get it ready as soon as I can...", Dasom said as she kept her head low, cowering. "Good...", Donghyun monotonously said.

"And also sir... Hyewon is already in her room... She's probably sleeping by now and she did say that she had fun in her first day at the campus...", Dasom said as smiled to herself, still keeping her head down.

"And so? Did I ask? Who cares if she had fun or what!", Mr. Kang said, raising his voice a little. Dasom flinched at that but still said what was on her mind.

"But sir, don't you think you're hurting your child's feelings?...She is still your daughter sir...", Dasom raised her head and stared at Donghyun's eyes, to hopefully get her point across the mans walled head.

"Who cares? She hopeless! She's a disgrace to me! She doesn't even deserve to carry my surname! She should be thankful that I'm still keeping her in here!", Donghyun raises his voice, annoyed at the woman for saying such thing. He angrily stomped to his office.

Dasom just sighed and shaked her head, disappointed at her boss and she also felt pity for Hyewon. She has been there when Hyewon was going through a lot. She has seen Hyewon in her ups and downs. All she can do was to pray for the poor girl and stay by her side.

************************

Dasom finished setting Donghyun's dinner, she put it on a tray and carried it to the man's office. She knocked on the large door, balancing the tray on her hand. "Come in!", she heard a shout from the other side.

Dasom quietly opened the door and entered. She noticed that the man is still annoyed at her and so she just placed the tray quietly on the table that he has in the center of the office and walked out.

Dasom decided to check on Hyewon and so she walked to the second floor. She soon came face to face with Hyewon's room door. She slowly brings her hand up to knock on the door. She knocked on the door three times and waited for Hyewon to open the door.

Dasom heard no footsteps nor a voice from the other side and so she decided to check the door. She got confused when she turned the doorknob and saw that it is not locked.