Chapter 11

Eunbi finished eating her dinner and was just scrolling through her phone and chatting with the others.

FOOD BUDDIES

Yuri: Btw, why does Hyewon-unnie never talk?

          Eunbi scratched her head reading that. She also thought that it was strange at first when she met Hyewon but she just concluded that she's maybe a shy person as she was new to the school.

Chaewon: Don't you guys check some information on the transferees when they move here? Minju and Eunbi-unnie?

Minju: I didn't get Hyewon-unnie's in my pile...

Eunbi: I got hers but it didn't say anything about her being mute or something...

Chaeyeon: That's odd...

Eunbi: Let's just let her... Maybe she has her reasons

        Eunbi closed the chat room and continued to scroll through her phone. After a few minutes she checked the time and noticed that its getting late already.

        She looked down her shirt and remembered that she haven't changed clothes and showered so she went to her room and got some oversized shirt and shorts from her closet, leaving her phone on top of her bed, she walked to the bathroom which is connected to her room.

         When she got out of the bathroom, she went and sat down on the side of her bed. She glances at her phone and notices that there's a notification. Opening it, she reads the message.

From: Kang Hyewon
You guys check the student information?

To: Kang Hyewon
Yeah, that's what we were arranging yesterday... Why?

From: Kang Hyewon
I read the chats earlier when I finished eating and they were talking about me not speaking

To: Kang Hyewon
Oh... If its something you're not okay sharing don't worry I didn't see anything on the files...

From: Kang Hyewon
No, it's okay... I thought you guys would never ask but its okay

To: Kang Hyewon
So... If you don't mind me asking... Why is it that you never talk? I was curious too but didn't wanna be rude or something...

From: Kang Hyewon
I can't talk because I have selective mutism...

To: Kang Hyewon
Selective mutism?

From: Kang Hyewon
Yeah...

To: Kang Hyewon
Do you perhaps want to keep that a secret?

From: Kang Hyewon
No.. I mean if they would ask again you can tell them

To: Kang Hyewon
Okay...if you want someone to talk to I'm here and I'm sure that the others would also be ready to be there when you need someone...

From: Kang Hyewon
Thank you... Though I'm wondering why you didn't know about this when you checked my information

To: Kang Hyewon
Hmm... Yeah that's kinda odd... I mean if you have that, then isn't it natural to give that information to the school..

From: Kang Hyewon
Hmm... Maybe it's because of my father again... Well now that you know and the others will know soon, it's alright...

To: Kang Hyewon
Yeah... Well it's getting late now... Good night Hyewon-ah... See you tomorrow