Chapter 38

"Wait- Huh? Chaewon-unnie?", the youngest uttered, confused. "What does Chaewon-unnie have to do with where you stay?", she continued as she shifted her gaze between Chaewon and Yena. The other girls were curious too as they are hearing this for the first time, even Yujin and Chaeyeon are hearing this for the first time.

                  Chaewon raised her head and saw that all of them were looking at her expectantly. Chaewon caught the stare of her cousin as if she's asking for her permission. "Continue Yena-ah", Chaewon ushered, nodding at her. Yena raised her brow at that. "Really?", Yena mouthed to her, which only got another nod from the latter.

                   The other girls who were watching the whole exchange were intrigued to say the least. "Well... You know how Chaewon likes singing so much, yeah? And how talented she is at it, right?", Yena started off, earning nods and hums of agreement form the other except for Chaewon who's just silently listening with an unreadable face.

                    "Before was the Chaewon the "Vocal Fairy", she was really shy and I was the person to actually convince her to try singing... Turns out she was a natural", Yena said, chuckling at the last sentence. Chaewon's lips tug upwards at the comment while staring down at the grass.

                  "Before that, I was telling her about my dreams and how much I love dancing she said that she wanted to be my first audience when the time comes...", Yena continued, the others were just listening silently while having smiles on their faces.

                   "A few years pass, we weren't seeing each other as much as before... That was until college admissions were starting and I actually got into a dance academy abroad and I also got an invite for a dance crew there but I decided to drop it when I received Chaewon's message after I texted her about it", Yena grinned.

                     The girls then simultaneously looked over to Chaewon. "Tell them what you said Chaewon-ah", Yena said, grinning at her cousin. Chaewon rolled her eyes before responding to the curious stares she's getting from the girls, "I said that I will always be supporting her from the side and that I'm sad that I don't get to be her first audience when she gets to perform on stage", Chaewon chuckled at herself.

                  "She made me want to stay here and I promised myself that time that I'll stay with her and make sure she's the first one to witness my performance", Yena said, no hint of playfulness in her voice, just pure adoration towards her cousin.

                   "I backed-out from everything and instead chose to study here... I even got to the dance club and finally performed on stage... I regret nothing about staying here", Yena proudly uttered, earning a chuckle from Chaewon and looks of awe from the others.

                  "These two act like they hate each other's guts with how often they bicker but the truth is they're each other's anchor", Eunbi thought to herself, looking at the two with a soft smile.

                    "Yah- Minju-ah, I didn't share the story to make you cry", Yena said in between her laughter as she caught sight of the said girl wiping tears from her eyes.

                   "Sorry- its just so touching", Minju said as she wiped another tear on her eyes. The all erupted in giggles after hearing Minju. "So that's the story of how I decided to stay here", Yena said. " That's like half of the reason you're here...You...", Chaewon thought before smiling emptily while looking down on the blanket again.

                  "Who's sharing next?", Yena then asked looking at each of the girls. "I can share one", they all turned  their heads to Sakura after hearing her speak. "I was originally going to stop streaming this year", Sakura uttered which got them surprised, especially Yujin and Yena who were her fans watching her streams.