Chapter 41

Chaewon was driving home with Yuri on her car. Yuri was softly singing along the song playing on the car, looking out the window. Chaewon was enjoying the song and the voice of her friend. They then temporarily stopped due to the stoplight flashing red.

                Chaewon took this chance to talk to Yuri, turning to glance at her for a few seconds before looking back ahead. "Yuri-ah", Chaewon called out, causing Yuri to abruptly stop singing. "Yeah?", Yuri muttered curiously.

                  "How's the song going? I was supposed to ask you earlier at lunch but I forgot...", Chaewon asked. "Ahh... Doing well-- I guess? I'm not really sure yet...", Yuri said, thinking back to the song and the progress she's making.

                   The stoplight then turned green, making Chaewon to focus back on the road before speaking again. "Why? Is there a problem?", Chaewon asked, still having her focus up ahead. "I honestly don't know... I just think that there's something missing with the song but I'm not quite sure what it is", Yuri answered, sighing to herself.

                   Hearing Yuri's answer, Chaewon thought of something that might help the latter. "Maybe it needs a subject?", Chaewon suggested, earning a 'What do you mean?' look from Yuri. "What subject? Where am I supposed to find that?", Yuri asked her friend, totally not getting where this is going.

                "Don't know either..", Chaewon said with a chuckle. Yuri just sighed at that. She shouldn't have asked the latter. "Ah! Maybe ask Yena for help. She's an idea machine and I'm sure she'll be able to help you finish your song. Well, maybe when she's not sick anymore", Chaewon said as they arrived at the pharmacy to grab some medicine for Yena.

                  Yuri hummed, thinking of asking help from Yena. The two got off the car and entered the pharmacy. They got the medicines and payed for it at the counter, only taking a few minutes before going out again.

                  "Let's buy some fruits for Yena-unnie", Yuri said as she pointed at a nearby market, seeing the rows of fruits displayed. "Sure", Chaewon replied as she led the way to the market.

                   "What should we buy for her?", Chaewon asked as she looked at the different types of fruits. "Let's just get everything", Yuri muttered, earning a 'What?' from Chaewon. Yuri got two of each fruit that's available and even got Chaewon to carry some of it too.

                   "You do know that she doesn't need this much fruits, right?", Chaewon said, amused by the amount they're carrying to the seller, ready to pay for all of it. "She can just keep it in her fridge. I'm also aware that she can't finish all of this. I just don't want to come empty handed", Yuri explained, handing some cash at the seller.

                  The seller helped them get the fruits into two large plastic bags. Carrying the bags and the medicine, the two walked back to the car and got the bags at the trunk, securing them in place.

                    The two got inside and Chaewon powered up its engine. The car then started moving, finally going to Yena's place.

***********************
                   Now standing in front of the door of Yena's unit, Chaewon tapped the password in with her free hand, hearing a beep as a signal that the door is now unlocked. Chaewon then opened the door for the both of them, ushering Yuri to come inside.

                   Yuri waltzed into the unit and puts the fruits she's carrying on the table, looking over to Chaewon who was preparing to cook, scanning her cousin's fridge.

                    "Oh by the way, just to warn you, that Yena in the bedroom is not the Yena that you know, alright? Just saying it now if you ever plan on going to that room", Chaewon said nonchalantly as she puts down some eggs, planning on making egg soup for her cousin.