Hope and Desire

-Kabuto Yakushi's POV-

A group of otherworlders. Their organization's name is Ashtrays.

No, they do not consist of the individuals written in the S-ranked scroll.

Though, they're spotted near the hidden mist (Kirigakure).

Which is why I am going there...

And my guess was true.

"Kakashi-san!"

"Kabuto-!? What are you doing here-!!??"

I ran up to him the moment I saw him.

He's beaten up, and being chained onto a pillar with some seals on them at the same time.

Those seals look very foreign. Rather than characters, it looks like the drawing of circles with stars on them.

I was going to get Kakashi, but my eyes had already sensed the danger near him.

*BANG* *BANG*

My tracks were stopped by two bullets. The perception of time is slowed down in my eyes and I have the time to react faster...

Those bullets are made from metal... Very small yet destructive in general.

Being able to see the bullets travel in slow motion does not make me confident I could counter that either.

Yup, those are "Guns" As Rimuru-san calls them. No, was it "firearms"?

I know what guns are, but I only know those with flintlock technologies, and I don't think they'd be able to shoot two bullets at once do they?

From the shadows of the underground chamber, the lights from the torches revealed a man, extending his arm while holding that pistol, indicating he is the one responsible for stopping me in my tracks.

He has trimmed short black hair and emitted a tense atmosphere.

His expressionless eyes are gleaming with a sharp light that seemingly sees through everything.

The man had weird attires. Almost looks like the uniform Rimuru-san tried to implement in the past.

She calls it the Navy uniform. Even though she showed us the picture of it being black, the man in front of me had the white one.

"You're able to stop before getting hit by my bullets... How intriguing."

"Otherworlders..." Those words escaped from my mouth...

"Oh? So you know who we are?"

Well, for now I'll need to see if I could-

"Run for it, Kabuto! He's the leader of the Ashtrays, Tatsuya Kondou! Just go! It's too dangerous!" It's very rare to see Kakashi-san panicked.