Natural Disaster

[Root's HQ, 5 minutes after Sasuke broke through the 3rd floor]

--- Third Person's POV ---

Two figures in blacks were sighted to be discussing something on the highest floor of Root's Headquarters.

"Mother..." Naruto called Rimuru.

"There is an intruder," he reported.

Without looking at her adopted son's face, she calmly mutters, "So it seems..."

...
...

"The intruder has already passed the first and second levels." (Naruto)

"..." (Rimuru)

"All of the situated members have already been defeated." (Naruto)

"...You know him, don't you?" (Rimuru)

"Yes. I checked the security footage of the enemy... His name is Sasuke, the Shinobi I encountered at Konoha."

"...I see." (Rimuru)

Their exchange was somewhat dull while Rimuru shows no emotion at all on her face, Naruto was deep in thought.

"Mother... Would it be fine if I ask something?" He asked.

"Sure" She answered.

"The intruder is Satsuki-chan's older brother... Is that true?" Naruto finally asked.

"Yeah, that's true." Rimuru answered thus.

"Well then... Does that mean that the reason he is breaking into here now, is because of something mother did?" (Naruto)

To his question, Rimuru turned her face at him as he continues to speak.

"At Ichiraku, I gave him the letter that mother wrote. when the contents of the letter were revealed, he saw the photo of Satsuki-chan and suddenly exploded with emotions." (Naruto)

Naruto is confused.

"Not long after, he showed up here... Perhaps the letter said that Satsuki-chan whereabouts were here?" (Naruto)

He just doesn't get it.

"In other words, Mother knew about this Shinobi from the beginning..." (Naruto)

But he can at least realize one thing.

"You wanted the Root Head Quarters to be attacked, didn't you?"

It was the fact that he gritted his palm hard enough that his claws hurt his own palm.

It didn't match the current face of the emotionless Naruto at all.

Slowly, Rimuru walks toward Naruto.

*Step* *Step* *Step* *Step*... *Stop*

She stopped near him and...

"And what if that's true?"

That voice rang in Naruto's ear as if the unseen spirits whispered it to him loudly.

For a second, it left him shuddering even though the tone has neither hints of anger nor hostility.

"Rain can cause flooding which can wash away entire villages." (Rimuru)

A single bolt of lightning can cause large forest fires." (Rimuru)

"A slight tremor of the earth can cause a tsunami which has the power to reshape the whole coastline." (Rimuru)