The Root (2)

"So you're not afraid of dying. I envy that." The boy responded calmly.

"But I am scared of dying. I'm scared of pain. I'm scared of being shot, of bleeding... That's why I became the Beast employed by the death himself. If I can become one with death then death will never be able to find me." He ended.

"...You say you're afraid of dying? Is that why you killed my men?" The Shinobi asked.

"In that case, when I stop my chakra from flowing here... You must be quivering in fear!" He said.

But the explosion... Didn't go off...

"What-!" *Slash*

After a sound of slashing, the seal paper was not in his hands anymore... It lays on the ground, accompanied by a splattered blood that drips down from the owner of that seal.

It was too fast for the shinobi to realize that his hands has been cut off.

And not minding the pain, he aimed his pistol with his left hand in all directions, trying to find the culprit, but... *SLASH* "GAHK—!?"

*Thud* it was his fingers that met the ground.

Him? he's looking at the tanto that threatened his neck, the tanto looked very sharp when it was the thing that threaten your life.

It connects to the handle, then slender arms with flawless snow-white skin, then a long sleeves that you'd find as a Yukata.

"Can I kill him?" The owner of the tanto asked.

"You don't need to kill him, Satsuki-chan." The boy calls her name.

"But he tried to kill you..."(Satsuki)

"I know... But leader-sama's orders are to let one of them live." (Boy)

"But... "(Satsuki)

"It's fine. With those hands go, he'll never grip a pistol again. Let alone cast a Ninjutsu...Even if we let him go, we don't have to worry about retaliation." The boy stated.

"As long as there's no danger to you..." Satsuki muttered before she let go of him.

"No... No way... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Satsuki Uchiha, THE ONE WHO'S STOOD UP AGAINST THE YELLOW FLASH HIMSELF!!??" The Shinobi exclaimed.

"It can't be... WHY ARE YOU WITH THE ROOT'S DEATH BEAST!? I THOUGHT THE 'SWIFT ASSASSIN' BETRAYED ROOT AND DISAPPEARED—!"

"Yes, she did betray them once... But she came back..." (Boy)

"All for the sake of him" Satsuki gripped the boy's sleeves as she finished his sentence.

Then the boy says, "Shinobi-san... You said Ninjas have their own way of dying... I respect those words... So if you decide to challenge us to a battle you have no chance of winning. That's perfectly fine."

"If you do, I will do my best to take your life ...To avoid facing my fear of death."

Simply put, "I'll kill you" was the only thing the Shinobi could comprehend.

The threat was so simple yet so intense that he is contemplated.

He tries to remember if he wants to die or not, because now... Even if he dies, it won't be how he wanted it to be.

*Thud* He dropped his gun and the boy then bowed, "Thank you" He stated before walking to the cave's entrance.

"Boy... What is your name?" The Shinobi asked.

"Naruto... Uzumaki Naruto."

It brought the Shinobi to think one thing, 'Now whenever I hear that name... I'm sure I will tremble in fear at it. Whenever I see the darkness... Whenever I see a beast... I will be driven awake by nightmares the smell of blood and bathed in white.'

.
.
.

[A half year ago]

—Rimuru Tempest's POV—

"I'm a murderer... Hic-! I'm a murderer... "

"Shh... It's okay. You're a murderer... That's fine... Listen to me... Control your breathing..."

I have decided... This child, I'll take care of him.

I originally came here to kill Kyoya Tachibana. It looks like I was too late.

Kyoya Tachibana has long been dead, and this child was traumatized by the deaths of his senseis.

Accompanied by my cradle and whispers, he let out a cry.

His cries get louder and louder.

And one thing to notice, his tears of clear water turned red. His pupils as now permanently change into the red with slits.

And slowly, his hair turned white.

Naruto Uzumaki, suffered from Canities subita as a twelve years old.

His hair turns white from the trauma, and the red eyes of the fox permanently replaced his original eyes.

.
.
.

[Present day]

—Third Person's POV—

Naruto left the poor Shinobi in the cave. He had a hunch that the man will no longer retaliate now.

"Wellcome back, Naruto-sama." These are the voice of Tanuki Shigaraki, alongside him is Anko Mitarashi and they serve under Naruto's Order as the Black Eagles squad.

"Tanuki-san... And everyone else from the Black Eagles...Thanks for keeping watch around the perimeter." Naruto stated calmly.

"You've annihilated our foes, just as planned. Impressive as always... Please return to base for treatment. You can report to Leader-sama later." The middle-aged man said sternly.

"I hear you... The leader's plans are perfect as always. Lure the enemy into the dark and crush them. She even predicted the bomb trap in advance and put Satsuki-chan in place to handle it...."

"I'll head to Leader-sama right now... I'm sure she has another mission for me."

"She dragged me up from hell and invited me to the organization. I'll never betray her orders... So please tell her —Mother, I'll be right there"

Naruto ended.

.
.
.

To be continued.