𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY

☀︎

THE FREAK HUNT BEGAN IN HAWKINS, INDIANA. Jason and the rest of his goons packed up their car with everything they could that would take care of Eddie Munson once and for all. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Dustin called out orders of how they would tackle the plan to free Eddie from this chase. Rather than crowbars and bats, they packed up Steve's car with grocery bags full of goodies for Eddie to get some proper food in him.

Arriving back at Reefer Rick's, the group gathered up the groceries and headed straight for the boathouse. Taking lead, Dustin was overly eager to see if Eddie had made it through the night without any issues. Bursting through the door, Dustin gave Eddie the fright of his life as he raised his bags of food into the air. "Delivery service!"

Panting and panicked from the sudden scare, Eddie held onto the wall to catch his breath. Making themselves welcome as he recovered, the group followed in and gathered around the boat. Eddie gave unenthusiastic hello's as he climbed into the boat for center stage and prepared himself for the inevitable bad news they could bring him.

Dustin wasn't one to drop too many bombs on him, and instead was all smiles as he went over the food they brought him. While Dustin gave him the beers he was desperate for, Alex took the box of cereal from Robin's hands and tossed it straight to Eddie without a word. Startled, he caught it by the crook of his arm before setting down his beer and tearing straight into the box. Without a word, all those watched as he shoveled handfuls of Honey Comb cereal into his mouth. "Who picked these out?"

Slowly raising her hand, Alex felt nervous she screwed him over with bad cereal. Through their short conversations with one another, she was certain that he mentioned it was the only cereal he ate every morning. In fact, he would boast about it, as if he was proud that he could get by on that cereal alone if he had to.

"Alexandra Henderson, you do listen to me," he smirked. "I love you, seriously. You're great." Taking another fistful, he shoved more into his mouth. The others looked in disgust at his eating habits over to Alex next in uncertainty. She made no quick remake back as they expected and didn't seem to be flustered by his admission of love. The two developed a strange friendship that was often hard for any of those to understand. Even Dustin questioned how they could develop such an interesting dynamic when Alex had completely changed over the course of a few months. Perhaps it was the person she used to be coming out because he knew that was the kind of person that would get along greatly with Eddie.

The only one who seemed interested in discussing their short conversation further had been Steve Harrington. Adjusting himself against the wall, he crossed his arms as he looked at Eddie. "Alexandra?"

"It's her name, man," Eddie mumbled through a mouth full of cereal.

Rolling his eyes, Steve grew easily annoyed. There was one thing for certain, Alex never went by Alexandra. None of her friends or family referred to her as anything but Alex. For Eddie to do it so carelessly and receive no reaction from her, he was forced to bite back his jealousy. "I know, it's just..."