𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

BECAUSE YOU'RE SO YOU !

☀︎

ALEX SPENT THE REST OF HER NIGHT LOCKED IN HER BEDROOM. Not even the calls and pounding on the door from Dustin could get her to come out. The fear that was growing inside her was too distracting. The voices she heard, they belonged to a monster.

She began pacing her room once the knocking on her door stopped. She held her hands over her ears, wanting that voice in her head to disappear. Not even the music that was blasting in her room could make it any quieter.

"Okay, you think you're crazy?" she mumbled to herself. "Crazier shit has happened. Maybe I'm sick. Yeah, I'm sick." She tried to convince herself but it was no use. Even the whispers of the monster had toyed in her head.

The voice started speaking, his words still unclear to her as they were in Billy's car. She tried to tell herself it was Billy that had been talking to her. Yet the way he looked at her like she was crazy, it couldn't have been him.

She stopped in her tracks, turning off her music and listening. Double checking her room was empty, she felt her heart speed up like it was bound to leap out of her chest at any moment. Flashing red lights, like lightening lit up her room from the window. Alex, slowly backed away from the window. Goosebumps rose on her arms instantly, becoming almost painful when they emerged.

Alex backed herself into the wall opposite of the window, sinking down the floor beside her desk. Even though she couldn't see anything, she felt like something dark and evil was looming over her, wrapping itself tightly around her brain.

Instantly, everything in her room flashed into what it would look like in the Upside Down. Alex pulled her knees to her chest quickly burying her head into her knees.

"I can't go back there, please," she begged to no one in particular. She squeezed her eyes shut hard, knowing if she kept them shut she wouldn't see the Upside Down engulfing her. Whatever this thing was, it wanted her back there and she didn't want to go.

"Please go away," she whispered over and over again though knowing full well it would have no affect. Nothing was going to change. Nothing was going to bring her back to her reality.

Loud knocks came from the window across the room, scaring Alex, making her look up. She was no longer in the Upside Down. It had all disappeared just like that.

"I had the most uncomfortable dinner ever," Steve groaned as he climbed through her window once he had it opened. Tonight him and Nancy had headed over to the Holland's house for a dinner. However, the dinner had gone sideways fast when the Holland's had explained their move. They needed money for a private investigator to find Barb, and their house was the first to go.

While he had went to close the window behind him, he had played over the horrendous night, allowing for an unamused laugh to escape his lips. Still, he had been more than unaware to Alex curled into a ball beside her bed, sitting in fear.