𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

IT WAS THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT !

☀︎

THE THREE HAD BEEN STUCK AT THE POLICE STATION AFTER THE FIGHT WITH STEVE AND HIS FRIENDS. They had been waiting for the chief, Jim Hopper, and Joyce Byers to arrive to sort all of it out. From what Nancy had heard, it would be quite some time before Jonathan and Alex would be free to go. Their last hope had been that Hopper was a lot kinder than the rest of the officers.

"I hate to admit it, but that was awesome when you punched Tommy in the nose," Nancy whispered, trying her best to hide her smile.

"Wait, you punched Tommy?" Jonathan laughed. His surprised had him pull the ice pack he had rested on his cheek. It wasn't every day these two had managed to do something they only dreamed of doing since meeting Steve and Tommy.

"It was an in the moment type thing," she laughed, her hand aching now that the adrenaline was gone. Taking the ice pack from his hand, she placed it on her hand since he didn't seem to have much use for it any longer.

Frazzled hair and a look of panic had burst through the door, Joyce Byers had demanded to find her son. "Jonathan? Jesus, wh-what happened?" Joyce had rushed to his side as her eyes managed to find the handcuffs on his wrists. Spinning towards Alex, she roughly grabbed her hands to see that she had also been sitting with handcuffs on herself. Two kids she least expected to be found in a police station, let alone in handcuffs. "Why are they wearing handcuffs?" Joyce yelled at the two police officers.

Getting up from his desk, Officer Callahan had held out his hands, hoping to calm her. "They assaulted police officers. That's why."

Pointing towards the two, she kept her eyes locked in on his to be sure he understood her demands. "Take them off."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

Coming to Joyce's side, Hopper had curiously looked at his officer in question. "Henderson assaulted you? How?"

"She, uh, well she elbowed me several times and kicked me... in the shin," he said quietly, growing embarrassed.

"Jesus Christ," Hopper sighed. His hand ran over his face as he tried to understand the logic of the officers that he had left in charge.

"Take them off!" Joyce yelled at him once again. In a moment, she would be assaulting him just as they did if he hadn't listened to her words this time around.

"You heard her, take them off," Hopper spoke, motioning to the two kids that looked back and forth at the interaction.

Officer Powell, a reasonable man that was often very kind to those in Hawkins had shaken his head. It was like him to secretly take sides such as Alex and Hopper, not seeing the trouble in a teenager. However, today had felt different and Hopper had known that if Powell had been one to deny. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see."