Chess

||||Requested by:  LazyBitch091221||||

It was a normal day for the scouts and Levi was busy training his squad, so you were left in HQ alone all day. As you shuffled through the halls, a new recruit noticed you and rushed over, grabbing your arms and began an interview.

"Kid, the hell you in here for? where's your house?" He asked as you puffed out your cheeks and pouted. Everyone in the Scouts knew about you! You were practically glued to Levi when he would meet anyone. How could this guy not even have a clue on who you were?

The cadet, now aggravated with you not answering, tightened his hold on your arm and started going through the hallways before reaching a door you recognized. He knocked and received an answer.

"Yes?" a voice came through from the other side. The cadet cleared his throat. "I found a child wondering through the halls and I'm not sure the correct actions I should take." The voice behind the door let out a chuckle and let out an 'open'.  When the cadet opened the door, you broke from his grasp and hurried over to none other than Erwin, looking for a hug, to which he hoisted you up from his chair and let you wrap your arms around his neck and give him a hug.

"You know her, sir?" He asked and Erwin nodded. "Believe or not, but this little girl is on Levi's squad. She's not a big fan of new people, so I hoped you didn't scare her." He said, making the cadet shiver and quickly retreat from the superiors office. 

"Now then." He said, turning you around to face him. "You must be bored without Levi, right? Why don't we play a game?" Suggested Erwin, who opened a  drawer and pulled out a wooden chess board. He arranged you onto his lap , your back against his chest. He arranged the pieces. 

"Now, i'll teach you how to play some chess. We each start with sixteen pieces. To win, you just need to checkmate my king piece." He said, holding up the piece that was now known as king. "Strategy is everything. Think outside the box and surprise me." He said. "All of the pieces are either, King, Rook, Bishop, Queen, knight, pawn."

As the game went on, you were easily getting confused with the game and checkers. After all, you were only four years old. The whole match, Erwin helped you and told you what moves to take to win, and you did. 

"Win!" You giggled, jumping from your chair and extending your arms. Erwin chuckled and gave you a head pat. "You beat me fair and square. Looks like your smarter than me." Erwin said, putting you on his shoulders, making you giggle again.

CHARACTER NOTE

-Erwin was glad to have made you happy.

-He would always loose on purpose in any game if he was playing with you.

-Best chess opponent he's faced, except for his father.

EXTRA NOTE

-Levi doesn't like the idea of chess. He believes it is a useless thing to stress over.

-Connie and Sasha use chess as a fancy way of playing checkers. It's too much work to learn to play anyways, right?