☁︎・≡・End of the Shore・≡・☁︎

some words in the beginning of this chapter may be badly misspelled, it's to show that you can't pronounce things perfectly, just letting you know the reason :]

"I-i'm sorry." You sniffed, holding Levi's hand.

You insisted, like F/N, that there would be a funeral for Erwin, so Erwin was buried right next to F/N's grave

Levi looked down at your face, your tears along with the rain being mixed together. You nose was red and your eyes were puffy. "For what? You didn't do anything wrong."

"It's jus.. you were best friends with Erwin wonger than me.. so i'm sorry."

If Levi was honest, he was amazed for how much empathy a four year old could hold. Maybe it was because you've gone through rough things. He wasn't a doctor, so he couldn't tell himself the answer, but he knew you were a really good kid.

Levi knelt down to your height, brushing a few strands of hair out of your face. The rain was pouring.

"Listen, Sweatheart, Erwin may be gone, but he's is still right here." Slightly blushing at the new nickname before pointing to where his heart is, then at your own. "When you are hurt or sad, and i'm not there, he'll be there for you, alright?"

"W-Will you be gone one day t-too..?" You mumbled sadly.

To you, it seemed like everyone around you was dying and just leaving you. F/N, your mom, tony, and now Erwin. Are you just...

cursed?

"No, you are not. I don't want to hear you say anything like that about yourself again." You snapped your head up realizing you were mumbling again.

You couldn't say anything. Everything just felt numb at this point.

Suddenly, Levi hugged you.

It was like a bear hug. Warm, cozy, comforting. You felt safe.

Of course, you feel safe no matter what whenever Levi was around, but this time, it was different. It felt like you could be at peace.

"Look. I love you brat. You are my kid. I will be around as long as I need to if it's for you, okay? I'm not going to go anywhere, and you know I don't ever lie." He said, slipping off his jacket and wrapping it around your cold body while still in the comforting hug.

You teared up at Levi's words. Your life had never been easy, but with Levi, you felt like you didn't need to be alone anymore, like he could cary all of your struggles and problems. You needed Levi to stay with you. You really did.

"I....I love y-you Daddy.." You said, just above a whisper as you hugged Levi back, snuggling into him and holding onto him tightly.

"Mhm. I do too." Levi said, kissing your forehead before walking back inside with you in his arms.

—- —-

"You need to eat more neatly brat." Levi scolded, wiping your face with a napkin. "Sorry Papa." You mumbled before Levi pat your head.

"W-WHAT ." Hange screeched, alarming the few members who were left of the Scouts to look over.

"What's the issue four eyes, a kid should address their dad the right way." Levi defensively said, patting your head at the same time.

"MY HEART CAN'T HANDLE THIS" Hange yelled, tearing up comically. "A-anyways, we're going out on an expedition to explore. Everyone is going, so we need to get prepared right after we eat." Hange explained casually, as if she didn't just embarrass everyone around her a few seconds go.