Intro

Once upon a time, there was a family. The Mikealsons. In our world, supernatural beings were only fragments of old folktales, long-forgotten myths.

But their nature was too notorious to be hidden or even considered to be false. Simply because they were the first immortal beings, vampires in other words, to walk upon this earth.

It was the fate of those who came face to face with one of the Mikealsons to experience a dreadful death. Like a curse, death was ruling whenever they appeared, wherever they went, to whomever opposed them.

Klaus Mikealson. The Hybrid. The devil himself found his way out of the pits of hell, crawled back to life and spread terror and fear himself. And while he was enjoying the thrill of death, his siblings stood by his side, even when their father were chasing after them. However, Klaus's love wasn't enough to reach anyone, not even his faithful siblings.

Elijah Mikealson. The Moral. He was the epitome of loyalty and family love, blind to everything and everyone else. He cherished his dear brother, Klaus, to the extent of getting rid of everyone who decided to fight against him. But his motivation was nothing more but keeping the promise they once had made, ‘always and forever’.

Rebekah Mikealson. The Girl Who Loved Too Easily. Rebekah, unlike the rest of them, had a difficulty in adjusting to her vampire life. Still tainted by her heightened human sentiments, she was usually used as the means by others to reach her brother, Klaus, her naiveté draining little by little her trust towards others.

Finn Mikealson. The Lonely One. There's little information surrounding the oldest Mikealson, who barely left the shadows of  obscurity. Finn utterly despised his new nature as a being of the night, refusing to let go of his love for his mother and witchcraft. In fact, it was the most important thing and the only thing that he cared about. He believed his siblings had become an abomination of nature, filth and sin themselves.

Kol Mikealson. The Obnoxious. One of the young of the family, this callous evildoer had made quite the reputation for himself among others. He was well-known for his acts of sadism, the thrill of his crimes and the heart-racing excitement of manipulating others to his will. But his personality was the result of neglect he earned from his siblings all those centuries. Those endless years of isolation and betrayal.

A person like him, drowning in his own guilt and despair, was considered beyond saving. He was too damaged to be healed, too broken to be fixed, too self-centred to love.

It almost sounded impossible.

Almost.

An insane thought, to believe there was someone mad enough to defy Kol's way of living. But maybe that was exactly what he was expecting. For someone mad enough, close to his twisted mindset, to push him to his limits in all different ways.

A real challenge. That was what he was after for.

And, eventually, he found it.

In a little witch.

A little witch he came to know, hate, use and, in the end, love.

He wasn't expecting this outcome.

But what he also didn't expect was for that little witch named Davina Claire to slip through his fingers just like that, like sand in a hourglass.

And when he lost her, his own ray of hope, he also lost the ground under his feet.

So he did what he had always been doing until then.

... He ran away.

... But while he was suffering from the pain of her absence, Davina Claire found herself battling her own demons, her own monsters alone and without his help. Without him by his side.

And she had to fight the greatest challenge up until now in order to survive in her new life.

Her thirst for blood.