4. It Sounds Like A Long Time

About the picture, read about it at the end of this chapter :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davina's Pov:

I was sighing impatiently and sitting on the floor. Kol had gone to find a doctor and ask how it's the health of the little girl. It was 2.30 a.m. and still no doctor had come to inform us how is she. It was crystal clear that my hours there were horrible, as the only thing my mind was thinking was the amounts of blood which were in the hospital.

"They said she has lost too much blood, but she is going to be fine" said Kol and stood in front of me.

For a while, I didn't respond, I was staring at the ground and Kol narrowed his eyes.

"You okay darling?" he asked and I looked up at him.

"I almost kill her.. That's not me Kol" I said and shook my head. "For over a month, I haven't killed anyone and it was really difficult to resist. But tonight.. I hurt a girl, an innocent girl"

"That's what vampires do love. It's in your nature now" replied Kol and I shook my head again.

"No you can't understand Kol. I promised myself I would never kill or drink human blood, but now when I almost killed the little girl... I felt nothing! No pain, no regret. Nothing! What is wrong with me? I should be cursing myself for what I did to a young girl, but I'm not! This is not me!" I said and brought my legs near my chest.

Kol looked at me in the eyes, tilting his head to the left and sat in front of me. He placed his hand on my chin and gave me a proudful smirk.

"This is who you are now, Davina. You have to deal with it and I will help you with that. Plus, it seems like my ex-little witch became a kind of drug-blood dealer" he grinned at the last part and I punched his arm lightly.

"Shut up" I giggled and he smiled.

Kol stood up again and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He glanced around the hallway and then back at me.

"Your bracel.. " he started and pointed to the bracel around my wrist, "doesn't have vervain anymore?"

"Um no. Marcel told to a witch to make it work like a daylight ring or something like that" I answered and on his face appeared the signature smirk.

He suddenly leaned close to me, bringing his face near mines. I tilted my head with same way he did and chuckled.

"You know I can compell you now to do anything I want" he said with the naughty smile still on his face and I pretended I was thinking, while I had placed my finger on my chin.

"Hmm you wish mister Mikealson" I retorted and placed my free hand on his chest tapping it, "I will beat you whenever you want, if you try that"

"You forgot, miss Claire, that I am one thousand years older than you" he snapped back and took my hand from his chest, kissing lightly the top of it, "Fortunately, I kind of like you, so I will be gentle, even though you threatened me"

"And what are you gonna do about it?" I smirked and he stood up, offering his hand.

"Firstly, I'm gonna take you out of here" he said and I took his hand.

"What? No, Kol I can't leave that girl all alone"

"Come on Davina, she is not your responsibility we don't even know her" complained Kol and I sighed, "You did what you could do and that's enough. She is just a girl"