29. The Butterfly Effect

Davina's POV:

It's not too late to return back, it's not too late I can still turn around and leave..yeah that sounds good..

Then why was I still standing there?

"God dammit," I cursed, inhaling, "I hate this kind of dilemmas."

And I hate this place too.

Should I go back? Should I just forget about what Kendrix was going to tell me about Kol and just leave? Should I do that? Besides, it might be a trap. Not to mention that Kol would be really pissed off if he learned about this.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I should just turn around and, walk away from the old cemetery.

But the problem was, that I did not.

And perhaps that's the reason I'm standing here and waiting you, Kol. Because of my actions back then.

...

Anyway.

I came here in first place, so since I decided to speak with him I should just stick to the original plan. I would have to deal with an angry Kol later but, if this was really about him, then learning a new information might help.

And so, I stepped forward.

There was dead silence, as it had always been. No living soul lingering around and that's good, because I really wasn't in a mood to fight some upset witches. So avoiding them, was my top priority here.

"Frankly, I never thought you would actually come here, after what the New Orleans' witches did to you. Your determination is truly admirable."

I raised my head up at the sound of the familiar, cocky voice; Kendrix was sitting at the top of a tomb, flailing his legs in mid air. His eyes were fixed on me as he half closed them by the minute his gaze met mine. I, on the other hand, was standing with crossed arms in front of my chest, arching my eyebrow suspiciously.

"And how do you know what happened here?" I asked sharply as he scoffed.

"Oh I'm sorry Davina, but I did a little research about you, if you don't mind." he simply said, jumping off the tomb and landing on his feet.

Without wanting to encourage him, I just changed the topic and asked, "So what did you want to tell me about Kol?"

He looked down for a moment, as he suddenly smiled, "You know it is not safe talking about secrets here, especially the ones about the Originals. So why don't we pay a visit to the Claire tomb?"

I hesitated. Was he planning to do something? If he wanted to talk private with me, we didn't have to meet in the old cemetery but somewhere else. Could he...