21. A Jar Of Hearts

Kol's POV:

"Long time no see love." I smirked as I stood up and turned around in order to see her.

She hadn't changed a bit. A chuckle on her face suddenly appeared when our eyes met as she tilted slightly her head to the side. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest stubbornly, something she always did when she was amused. I guess she kept that habit even after all those years.

"Oh Kol, Kol, Kol..." she sighed approaching me, "Were you feeling nostalgic about me? Because I did. A lot."

Her eyes were sparkling as she waited patiently for my reply. She was trying desperately to read my face, to notice any emotion that appeared on it, but unfortunately for her, I didn't budge. I mimicked her and tilted my head too with a cocky smirk, narrowing my eyes.

"I was about to say that immortality looks good on you but, I preferred to skip the part where we talk about what happened in our lives the last 10 centuries, don't you think?" I retorted and clearly she wasn't amused by my answer as her chuckle disappeared instantly.

"You're right. But don't tell me that you haven't missed me." she said, halting right in front of me.

We were inches apart, her eyes glowing brightly as she studied again my face, placing her palm on my left cheek. A grin formed on my lips as I placed my hand on her hand, leaning forward.

And she was waiting.

She was waiting for me to kiss her as she slowly closed her eyes and was waiting.

And believe me, she was waiting for a long time.

"Well that's unfortunate."

She opened quickly her eyes, narrowing her eyebrows confused only to see me, standing at the edge of the rooftop looking at her. Her emerald eyes were furiously staring at me as she opened and closed her mouth repeatedly trying to find the right words.

"...Because right now, I have this incredible urge to kill you."

And there it was! I had finally caught her attention as she opened wide her eyes shocked only for a few seconds, because she immediately changed her look into a normal one, sighing.

"Oh well. It was good to play again with you even for a few minutes." she giggled and turned around, walking away.

I sped up in front of her, blocking her way as my eyes darkened. She smirked playfully, playing all dump like, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger.

"What? You want me to stay a little more?" she smiled innocently.

"Well let's start with the reason you are in New Orleans."

"Aw you know why. I just missed this beautiful face of yours." she replied and brought her hand close to my cheek again but I quickly grabbed her wrist, griping it.

She groaned, a frown appearing on her face. "Okay okay let go of me! Jeez.."

I freed her from my grasp as she stepped behind and shot me a glare. She rolled her eyes and exhaled, looking around.

"Now talk darling, because it would be such a pity to hurt that pretty face."

She sighed, "You know why I am here. You have probably already figured out that the sire lines are in conflict and all these stuff because of the prophecy."

"Prophecy?"

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, lifting an eyebrow. "You don't know? Weird, because I'm pretty sure Elijah and Klaus might already know about it."