38. Round 2: The Waiting Game

We left from the big castle a few days ago where we had met Aurora and Tristan De Martel and Lucien Castle, owing to the fact that Mikeal once again tracks us down.

I am still trying not to turn around and flee on my own, but Elijah seems so determined to keep this stupid promise "always and forever". Besides, he keeps an eye on me in case I decide to disappear out of the blue.

And I would, if we didn't arrive to a nice little village.

I mean, more people to feed on, right?

A young man glances at my sister as he walks past us, me rolling my eyes at his little flirt. "You are already trying to look for a man, Bekah? Nik won't like this."

She grabs my arm and narrows her eyes, "Cut it out, Kol. If you hadn't fed on Trevor back at the castle, then I-"

"Oh you are still mad at me for killing your secret affair, little sister?" I say with a smirk, glancing at some villagers. "You should thank me for not telling Nik about him. But I understand. Like the good brother I am, I won't say anything. So don't worry, Bekah."

"Oh since when you are so kind, Kol? You are only like that when you-"

"Whatever are you two murmuring about?" asks Elijah as he turns around, studying our faces suspiciously. "We don't have time for chitty chat. We have to find a place to hide."