25. Beyond Eyes

Kol's POV:

I was just staring at the ceiling. Her scent was smooth and bewildering, filling the quiet bedroom. Davina had placed her hand on my chest like she had done with her head, her brown hair surrounding her pretty face.
But my mind was filled with thoughts, thoughts and decisions I had to take in the near future. Aya had taken care of it, of course. This little rat and the prince boy will not stay alive for too long in this city.

-Twelve hours ago-

"Kol Mikealson! I knew you would come again. What brings you here?" said the prince boy as he stood up, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Oh don't pretend to be so surprised to see me here, Tristan. You knew I was here all this time, didn't you?"

Aya was the one who spoke up, "Kol. You have spoken with Nicolette, if I am correct. Again." she suddenly said, changing the subject.

"She told you then? I thought you two, well, hated each other's guts."

She scoffed, "Oh we still do. And I know you do too." she said and looked away. "Or not."

"Who told you if it wasn't her?"

"Someone... close to her." she replied.

"He sends you greetings. He is looking forward to speaking with you." added Tristan.

I tilted my head, my eyebrows narrowed. "Doesn't he have a name or he will just hide in the shadows?"

They exchanged glances and then looked at me, Aya shrugging her shoulders. "He also wants you to know that your little Davina is in danger. We all know how obssevive Nicolette can be about her sire, and your affection with Davina Claire is not something she is.. fond of. But does your little girl know about you speaking with Nicolette for a second time? You don't have something to hide, no?"

I shook my head in disapproval and then raised my head, speeding up and grabbing Aya from her neck. "If I suspect you are behind all this or that you put in that lunatic savage's mind killing plans, I swear your Strix coven will come finally to an end."

Tristan instantly shot on his feet, ready to attack me but Aya stopped him, as she gripped my wrists and released herself from my grasp. "Be careful there Kol. Davina Claire is right now in a room with Lucien Castle and I can guarantee that she won't have a happy end if you continue with those threats."

I took a big breath, gripping my knuckles. She smirked like a winner as no other word escaped from my mouth, while Tristan was whispering something in a vampire's ear, who just nodded and stormed out of the room.

"Like I told you the last time Kol, we are not the enemies here. As a matter of fact, we would like to have an alliance with you."

"With me from all the Mikealsons? What makes you believe I will want to be allies with you?" I said ironically, looking at them in disgust.

Aya raised her head proudly, "Because if your little girlfriend is in danger, Nicolette will always be the reason." she stopped, a smug grin on her face, "So killing your creation would be convenient for both sides. Davina will be safe and we will be released from our enemy. But, if you refuse then we are going to be the ones the Harvest girl should be afraid of."

"Are you threatening me, love? What a tragedy. And, I actually thought you were smart. Oh well. Pitiful indeed." I shrugged my shoulders as I turned around to leave when suddenly a vampire-guard stood in front of me.

I looked over my shoulder at those two, raising my eyebrow disappointed. "You seriously are doing this?" I said and like it was nothing, in mere seconds I was holding the vampire's heart in my hand, squeezing it proudly. "I think this belongs to you."