39. Final Round: Davina Claire

LAST CHAPTER

Davina's POV:

It was going to be one of a hell night.

Sometimes, I found myself asking what could possibly Kol feel about Nicolette. I mean, he claimed he didn't feel anything for her but hatred and I ultimately believed him. But frankly speaking, could he really kill her? Or would the memories they shared together flood back and confuse him? Kol wasn't the best when it came to decisions so I could only wonder what might happen.

"We're here." Kol's voice broke the deafening silence in the car and opened the door, getting out of the car as Kendrix followed behind.

I took a big breath and opened wide the door, slowly stretching my body. My eyes darted around the deserted streets when eventually they landed on the well-known St. Anne's Church, in which I spent my first few months and found sanctuary. And that attic. Oh, the attic.

I still remember the day I woke up in there. I was scared and shocked, surrounded by people I didn't know. In only one night I learned that I was a witch, vampires were real and that I was taken care by one, the oldest vampires on earth were called Originals and I happened to be rescued by the wildest of them all. I mean, that was one of a hell first impression of the city right?

"Darling, you alright?" asked me Kol as he glanced at me worriedly. I smiled and caught up with them.

"I'm fine. Let's go." I replied and in mere seconds, we found ourselves standing on the rooftop of the old church.

I inhaled a sharp breath, the first thin my eyes did was to scan the around area. And of course, there she was; standing with a blank look and staring at the night lights of the city, not even bothering to turn around to acknowledge our presence. Even though, she spoke up first.

"Finally you came," she grinned, turning her feminine body to our direction. She studied each one of us, her eyes eventually landing on Kendrix. "Oh, oh, oh. Dear brother. Why?"

"Don't be so surprise, Nikki. You are not like you were used to be. You are..a nutcase now. You have become so obsessed with the idea of getting revenge, that you don't even care about what happens to the others."

She narrowed her eyes, arching her eyebrows amused. "Nutcase? Obsessed? Oh brother, you had one job. One god damn job. And look at you. Getting friendly with the enemy. I'm sorry but tonight, you are staying out of the fun."

In a blink of an eye, Nicolette had snatched a knife from her jacket pocket and aimed at Kendrix's chest, the sharp blade stabbing the spot where his heart was supposed to be. Kendrix looked down at the knife in his torso, stumbling behind in the process as he eventually fell behind. I was about to bend down and help him but Kol had managed to grab my arm before I could move a muscle, sending me a cold stare. I glanced over my shoulder at Kendrix, whose eyes were slowly closing. Why would she do that to her own brother?! Was she that stupid? Or oblivious?

"Oh boohoo, what did he promise you, sweetheart?" she asked me, slowly approaching me.

"What?"

"I mean, Kendrix, defending someone like that? And you caring about his ungrateful ass? Something is wrong here, don't you think Kol?"

I narrowed my eyes but as I stepped in front to confront her, Kol tightened the grip around my arm with his eyes boring into mine. "Don't even bother play her cheap games."