27. I Wish You Weren't

Kol's POV:

"Davina wait- Bloody hell," I cursed, running my fingers through my hair.

This was not going well. I came here to make sure Nicolette wouldn't touch her but things just got worse than before. But why the hell should I let a filthy peasant like him touch my girl? And I swear, this was not over. I wouldn't just accept the fact he was hitting on her. If I saw him again, I would rip him in half.

Without wanting, I bumped into my sister.

"Oh guess who's here. I knew you would come eventually." she said, taking a sip from her champagne.

"Bex don't start with that. Did you see where Davina went?" I asked impatiently, not in a mood to play games with her.

She shrugged, looking around. "Perhaps. I am not sure. But I saw what happened with that hot fella, Kendrix and I'm pretty sure you really managed to piss her off."

I gripped my fists, "It is not my fault. She was dancing with him, not me."

Rebekah rolled her eyes boringly, as she glanced at me. "She didn't flirt with him, Kol. He did try though, but she didn't respond. Don't worry, your girlfriend is as crazy in love with you as much as you are with her."

"I never doubt her. But I just don't want that bonehead to be around her. Neither Nicolette."

"Who by the way, just came in the ball. You better find Davina now before she does." she said, pointing with her glass at the front entrance.

I noticed the chocolate brown hair and the ocean blue dress she was wearing standing out easily. She seemed so innocent in it, that someone would have thought she is as gentle as a lamp. Her emerald eyes fell on me, a small grin forming on her small lips before disappearing in the crowd again.

I quickly turned around to go find her, to even distract her from bumping into Davina. But she vanished as easily as she had appeared. Without any trace of her, I ran at the end of the room when suddenly a large arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me backwards.

"Kol you came! Don't you want to see an old friend?" chuckled Nik.

When I raised my head I saw no other than Lucien, standing there with a smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, lifting an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

He just shrugged, laughing. "Why wouldn't I? It's a freaking party mate and everyone is here."

He knew I didn't mean that. Why would come to a party which was organized by the Strix? Didn't they kidnap him? I hadn't told Bik anything about it yet but soon enough we had to have a talk about Lucien Castle.

I sighed impatiently, looking around. "Well I'll leave you two alone then, the two drinking buddies." I said but as I was about to leave Klaus grabbed me again, laughing.

"Oh come on Kol, don't be a buzzkill. You should drink with us tonight."

I didn't have time for this. And my patience was running low. "I have to search for someone."

Klaus lifted his eyebrows, smirking. "Aw, I got it. Young love. Where is your beauty, brother? She couldn't stand a minute near you, could she?"

Lucien spoke up, narrowing his eyes. "Searching for Davina Claire? I saw her heading upstairs." he said.

I gave him a quick glance before rushing upstairs, the long corridor filled with silence. I opened and closed many doors until I finally found myself bursting in the last door, which seemed to be a small living room.