35. Finders Are Keepers

Davina's POV:

Well that's awkward.

I bit my under lip, hesitantly lifting my head up to glance at Kol, who was sitting across me and Kendrix. No one had said a word, but Kol was staring impatiently at us, tapping his fingers on the table frantically.

Tap tap tap.

"Kol I want you to promise me something--"

"No." he quickly replied, giving me a cold glare. "You have crossed the line with all those lies, Davina. I don't have to promise anything to you."

His word were like a dagger to my heart. During the car ride here, he must have regained his anger and now, he seemed more pissed off with me than Kendrix. And he was right. I should take all the blame. It's my fault and I'm going to fix it.

"It's not her fault, Kol. I asked her not to tell you anything." popped in Kendrix, my eyes widening.

Kol turned his attention to him as he stopped tapping his fingers on the table and slammed his palm on it. He leaned forward, narrowing his brown eyes. "One. More. Word. From you. And you're dead."

"Kol we are in a public place don't--"

"Do I seem like I care?!" he yelled, glancing at me.

Oh that's it, Mikealson boy. "Okay look. I know you are mad but I had--we had only good intentions! For god's sake Kol stop seeing everywhere enemies and realise that there are people that care about you!"

"He," he hissed, pointing at Kendrix, "Is nothing more than a filthy, lousy hypocrite. I'm surprised that you fell right into his trap, Davina. I thought you were smarter than that."

"Nicolette is planning to use the white oak on you goddammit!" I yelled, finally uttering the words I wanted so badly to say for a while now. "She has a sick plan in her head with you being her main target! She wants to kill an entire sireline Kol, including you and herself!"

He stared at a moment, expressionless. Was I too bold? He suddenly scoffed, rolling his eyes boringly. "Did that rat tell you that?"

Kendrix's body clenched.

I took a big breath, shaking my head. "I didn't believe it either at first. But he has a reason why! Nicolette is searching for a piece of white oak, a toy knight Klaus' had made when you were kids and now she wants to use it on you. She wants to kill you, which means she, Kendrix and every other vampire you turned are going to die!"

He scoffed again, "Ridiculous. Nicolette, would never, never toss immortality away just to take revenge on me."

I sighed, "She doesn't want to take revenge on you, but me." I gulped, lowering my gaze. "She doesn't want us together, Kol."

"And why him would turn his back on his 'beloved' sister?" he asked.

Kendrix growled, giving him a cold stare. "I have a name."

Kol glanced at him, his pupils expanded in a brief second. "I have met so many people in my life mate, that I forget all the unimportant names, like yours."

Kendrix didn't say anything this time. He was afraid of his sire? Well, I would certainly not be glad to have the person who almost ripped my heart out in front of me. Well, I was still amazed though. Kendrix obviously didn't care really about Kol himself, but about his Original nature. Like every vampire he ever turned, I guess. They wanted to keep their sire alive because they just want to survive.