24. Last Waltz

Davina's POV:

I turned around to see Lucien cursing under his breath, giving me a quick glance. "Get ready, sweetheart, we are going to kick some asses in a few seconds from now."

The door opened wide and there stood two vampires, Strix I guess, who by the moment both of them saw us, they opened wide their eyes, even more surprised when they noticed me in the room. How is it possible the oldest coven in the supernatural history to not notice two intruders walking in the building? Or perhaps, they already knew.

Lucien instantly tackled the guy near him, leaving me to take care of the other one. I quickly grabbed the other man and tossed him on the wall, but in mere seconds he was standing again, ready to attack me this time. Well what did I expect? It clearly wasn't going to be an easy fight.

The vampire grabbed my neck and tightened his grip around it, while I was trying to inhale air in my lungs. I wrapped my fingers around his wrists and the next second I was lifted up, as the guy pinned me on the made of concrete wall. I tried to kick him in order to free myself from his grip, failing miserably. Even though I somehow managed to do the same to him, as I wrapped my hands around his big neck. He immediately released me from his grip and I fell down, finally breathing again.

But while I was trying to catch my breath, the vampire seemed to find the opportunity to attack on me again when suddenly a pair of large hands snapped the man's neck, his body collapsing on the ground. I raised my head to see Lucien stretching out his hand at me, offering me his help. I hesitantly grabbed it and he lifted me up with an incredible force; he was almost as strong as the Mikealsons.

"Thanks." I panted, "But why? You had the chance to escape."

"Ah, I know there is so much more out there for you to see love, and you definitely are eager to find out. Besides, I may find amusing your stubborness."

I smiled. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all.

"Now come, those bloody Strix will soon find out what a mess we caused, we have to get out of here now." he urged and stormed out of the room but as I followed him outside, I suddenly halted.

"No, I can't leave, Kol is still here!" I said aloud, more like reminding it to myself.

Lucien stopped and looked at me impatiently, "Oh hurry up love, don't worry about him he can deal with them perfectly fine."

"No. No, I'm not leaving without him."

He sighed defeated, "Then do whatever you want, sweetheart. I know I will see you again somewhere, so take care."

And off he went.

I turned around and took a big breath. Abruptly, something like an alarm started echoing throughout the corridors, almost a disturbing sound. Each minute it passed, it was annoying my ears more and more, not allowing me to concentrate on finding Kol. I found myself standing in front of a big metal door, which turned out to be locked from the inside. Just like the next door, and so on, and so on. What was going on? Did they find out Lucien escaped? What did they want from him anyway?

"Kol?" I called, but there was no response. Not that I could hear anything though, since the stupid alarm wouldn't stop ringing frantically any time soon. "Kol!"

"Davina?"

I turned around immediately at the sound of my name. But who I saw wasn't the person I was expecting to see, especially in this place.

"Marcel?"

Marcel approached me and pulled me in his arms, placing his chin at the top of my head. "What are you even doing here, D?"