37. Round 1: Final Memento

Kol's POV:

I must have been awake all night, thoughts swirling around my mind. Davina was in my arms, her head placed on the spot where my heart was supposed to be. She was sleeping soundly, her chest going up and down in slow motion. She seemed so relaxed and peaceful at that moment, ghat it would be a shame to wake her up.

I sighed, staring at the ceiling. All night I was thinking about this. I couldn't think of anything else. How could I really? We were about to face a deranged person who held the deadliest weapon of the world and more importantly, that person wanted to hurt Davina.

My Davina.

Anger took over my body. I had enough dealing with people from the past. I would finally put an end to this, even if it was the last thing I would do on earth. Yes. I knew what had to be done. Yes, it was risky but I could guarantee her safety. She was so stubborn and determined though, she would definitely refuse to do it. So I would just keep it a secret from the time being.

I glanced at her once again with a bitter smile. We're not meant to have an easy life, are we darling? I planted a small kiss on her forehead.

I carefully placed her head on the pillow and sat up, glancing over my shoulder at the sleeping beauty. What have you done to me, Davina Claire.

Davina's POV:

The bed was no longer warm.

And it felt so empty.

My eyes flew open, groaning at the sudden sunlight on my face. I hate to wake up like this. My hands searched for an other body beside me, like it was supposed to be, but there wasn't. He was gone. Of course he would be. I immediately sat up, my eyes darting around the room. I couldn't believe he would leave me behind like that.

"Kol?" I called and fell back once I didn't receive an answer, my eye locked on the ceiling. "You stupid moron."

"Ouch. What did I do to earn that?"

I jolted up, my head turning to the side. Kol was standing at the door, wiping his wet hair with a towel. A huge grin was plastered on his face, causing me to let out a sigh of relief, groaning. "I thought you had left to find Nicolette alone." I murmured.

He approached me, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Oh that was what I was planning to do," he smirked and I glared at him, "But I knew I would have to deal with an angry and grouchy Davina, so I decided to wait until you wake up."

"Oh good decision. I would be furious if you had left me here while you are having all the fun by yourself."

"KOOL!" yelled Klaus from downstairs, his heavy footsteps echoing loudly. "Get down here NOW!"

Kol glanced at me and then outside. Oh no.

"No Kol wait--" I said as I saw him rushing out of the room, before I could even stop him. Dammit.

I quickly stood up and changed into a pair of jeans and a tank top, wearing my brown leather jacket above it. I was trying to prevent the conflict between Klaus and Kol, which I was pretty sure wouldn't have a good end if those two ended up fighting each other. Hell, that would be a disaster.