𝐎𝐍𝐄

WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez
"0:35 ───────── -5: 32,

IT'S COLD AND DARK, how long have I been asleep for? It's been awhile since I've felt Echo's presence

IT'S COLD AND DARK, how long have I been asleep for? It's been awhile since I've felt Echo's presence. I miss him. I miss my family. I miss Five. Why can't I wake up? It's so dark in here.

Suddenly, something appeared in front of me. It was Echo. "Guess who finally decided to show up?" I said sarcastically.

"Thought you'd want your peace and quiet while mourning for dear ol' Five." He spat.

"Well, this isn't really working, is it? I'm literally stuck in my conscience and I can't wake up." My eyes rolled, as I crossed my arms.

"You know how boring it is in here? Where's the TV? And the food? I'd rather die than get stuck here without food." I said, while thinking of my cravings.

"Well today's your lucky day! Because I'm sick and tired of being in here any longer. You over Five yet? It's been ages." Echo sneered.

"Ages? How long has it been? I thought I was only in here for a couple of weeks." I asked.

"I think you've lost sense of time, old friend. Couple of weeks? More like a couple of years." He scoffed.

"What."

"Yeah..."

This hoe did not just put me here for a couple of years.

Echo stared at me with a nervous grin, waiting for me to react. I stared at him, my eyes twitching with anger.

"YOU STUPID GENIE. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT. AM I AN ADULT NOW? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I lunged towards him, hands ready to strangle his ass, like he even has one.

We fell to the ground, my arms around his neck. His hands clawed at my arms. "I... I'm... sorry!" Echo managed to choke out. He was struggling to breath.

"If you want to get out of here... STOP CHOKING ME!" He yelled. I released him, taking a step back as I watched him massage his throat.

"You know, I'm rethinking about letting you out." He glared at me.

"You're an asshole." I spat.

"Yeah, I missed you too." He rolled his eyes. I sighed and gave him a hug. Damn, we bipolar as fuck.

He cupped my cheeks, I stared into his blue eyes. Once his forehead made contact with mine, a shining blue light blinded my eyes.

I woke up abruptly, cold sweat dripping down my forehead. I sat up and looked around the room. I noticed that nothing has changed, besides the 'Get well soon' cards and wilted flowers on my desk.

"Rise and shine! Look at what I found in the newspaper today." Echo was sitting on my chair, holding out a newspaper for me to look at.

"Eccentric billionaire and founder of The Umbrella Academy, Reginald Hargreeves dead at 63."

My jaw dropped. The old man's dead. My Dad is dead. He wasn't the best father in the world, but he was all we had. I didn't know whether to cry or feel over joyed.

"Damn." Was all I could say.

"Wanna grab some breakfast before heading to the funeral?" Echo asked.

"Yeah, I am quite hungry." My stomach grumbled right after. Echo went straight into my body, disappearing. I shivered. Won't be getting used to that anytime soon. I sat in bed for a moment, thinking.

It's 2019. So if i'm doing my calculations right... I should be 29. The math ain't mathing.

I got up from my bed, but was stopped when I saw myself in the mirror. I looked 15. At least this ass didn't disappear after 17 years.

I looked through my closet to find some fresh new clothes. The only thing I found was the Umbrella Academy uniforms. I groaned in annoyance. I guess these will have to suffice.

After I finished changing, I walked down the steps towards the kitchen only to hear a couple of voices that I did not recognize. Is someone here to steal from the house? How pathetic.

I held out my hand and suddenly a blue whip appeared in my hand. I gripped it tightly, waiting to attack. I walked slowly, the voices getting louder.

I turned around and swung my whip, it wrapped around the figures. Leaving them tied up. I swung my whip again and it wrapped around the remaining intruders.

All of them yelped from the sudden action. "Who the hell are you guys, and why are you in my house?" I said sternly.

I counted five unknown people. They all stared at me, stunned. "Ugh, yes! Tighter!" A voice broke the silence.

"Klaus, that is absolutely disgusting!" The batman looking one grimaced. He tried to get as far away as possible from the weird one, but it obviously didn't work because those two were tied together.

"Klaus?" I said softly. I took another look at them. Examining each of their features carefully. They were my siblings. I released them. The ropes fading away.

Once the ropes let them free Allison and Vanya came running up to me, their arms spread wide.

They pulled me into a tight hug, making it hard for me to breathe. "Hey, Sis." My voice was muffled.

"How are you awake?" Allison asked.

"It's been so long." Vanya said, teary eyed.

"Long story. I've missed you both." I said, a huge smile plastered on my face. My eyes glimpsed at the portrait of Five.

"Hey— um— has Five came back yet?" I asked

"Hey— um— has Five came back yet?" I asked. My eyes were filled with hope, only to be shattered by the sad looks on their faces.

"Oh." I sighed.

Klaus came from behind and hugged me. He oddly smelled of cigarettes and alcohol. Glad to see that nothing has changed.

"Little (Y/N). I missed you so much!" He cried invisible tears. I patted his head, chuckling a bit. "I've missed you too"

After many hugs, they all filled me into what happened. It's good to be back.

END

Hey y'all this is the end
of the 1st chapter
I hope you guys
enjoyed it!
-Alex

QOTD: Favorite character from TUA?

Please leave a like and comment!