𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

NUMBER FIVE

FIVE TOLD LUTHER about the apocalypse

FIVE TOLD LUTHER about the apocalypse... The end of the word. Luther was stunned.

"When's it supposed to happen? This... apocalypse." Luther asked.

"I can't give you the exact hour, but... from what I could gather, we have four days left." Five answered.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther questioned as he furrowed his brows.

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"Of course it would. We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing." Luther remarked, raising his voice.

"We already tried." I said.

"You know about this?" He asked, mouth agape. I nodded and chuckled nervously. "And what do you mean?"

"I found all of you. Your bodies." Five replied, his voice softened as his eyes drooped.

"We die?"

"Horribly."

Luther was stunned. He didn't know what to say. This piece of information hit him harder than Dad did.

"You were together trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world." Five briefed, looking down, he couldn't bear to remember the image. My eyes softened, staring at his trembling hands. I was still upset, but just for today, I'll let it slide.

I reached for his hand, interlocking our fingers. I gave him a gentle squeeze of reassurance. He looked up and smiled at me.

I turned away, biting the inside of my cheek. This doesn't mean I'm forgiving you. Five sighed and nodded his head, understanding the situation.

"Wait, how do you know that?" Luther questioned, ruining our little moment. Five took out the prosthetic eye from his pocket. Unraveling the piece of cloth that contained the eye.

"This was clutched into your dead hand when I found you." Five answered, tossing the eye to Luther. "Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Who's head?" Luther asked.

"We don't know." I responded.

Luther examined the eye. "Well, there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try..."

"No, that's a dead end. It went up into flames." I interrupted as I made an exploding sound.

"It's just another hunk of glass." Five scoffed. Luther gave the eye back to him. There was a moment of silence. Five turned to look at me and was about to speak when the door bursted open.

"Piece of shit." Diego muttered while storming towards us.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" Diego charged towards Five and I, he was about to lay his grimy hands on us, when Luther stopped him.