𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

THE SEVEN STAGES

I GAZED UP at the woman, still completely dumbfounded to what was happening

I GAZED UP at the woman, still completely dumbfounded to what was happening. Delores is looking a little different here. Wait... is that me?

My older self and I stared at each other. I was completely stunned while my older self was oddly calm about this. I examined her, she still seemed beautiful for her old age. Damn, I aged like fine wine. Unlike someone...

"Tell me why my younger self is sitting right in front of me." She spoke, staring down at me. The three of us were dazed, unable to think as the woman took a seat next to the old man. He smirked as he saw our astonished faces.

"This is my wife, Eight Hargreeves. Love, I'm sure you already know who these three are; don't need any introductions." Old Five introduced. My jaw unhinged, a specific word rang in my ears.

"W-Wife?" I stuttered out, looking between the two.

This day is just full of surprises, huh?

"Yes, wife." My old self confirmed, she held out her hand to reveal the shiny diamond ring on her finger.

"I said, 'yes'?" I exclaimed, slamming my hands on the table and shot up from my seat.

"She said, 'yes'?" Five asked, our sentences overlapped one another as he did the same. I turned to him, a questionable expression on my face as I raised a brow. He awkwardly coughed and sunk back in his seat as I did the same.

"I thought you guys couldn't stand each other, let alone get married." Luther chimed in, startled.

"Uh, well, we are kind of a thing already. I think..." I stammered, bashfully. Luther raised his eyebrows, shocked.

"When did this happen? Do the rest know? Why am I always the last one to find out about these types of things?" He exploded with questions. I let out a sigh. This guy is so oblivious.

"Yes, I said, 'yes'." Eight interjected. "We were stuck in the apocalypse for 45 years. I mean, what did you expect from two hormonal teenagers?" She scoffed.

"Wait, what? I didn't get stuck in the apocalypse with him. I got stuck in a coma for 17 years." I stated. The old married couple looked at each other in confusion.

"Yeah, I was alone in that hell." Teen Five added.

"Oh, my God. This is some multiverse type of shit." I mumbled.

"That is besides the point." Old Five chimed in, he placed a hand on Old me's shoulder, catching her attention. "Doll, they were telling us that we succeeded in the jump, but I got the calculations wrong and ended up in that prepubescent body. Now they want our briefcase in exchange for the right calculations." He gave a brief summary.

He uses the same pet name and everything!

Eight paused before answering. "Quite a bit to take in." She responded, softly.