𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHANGES

AFTER DIEGO HAD woken up, we told him that we had let Hazel go

AFTER DIEGO HAD woken up, we told him that we had let Hazel go. Of course, he didn't take that lightly. Five and I did try to tell him to let it go, but he still wanted to hunt the two down and kill them. After many attempts to persuade him, we just gave up and left.

Now here we are, back at Gimble Brothers. "Why the hell are we back here?" I complained while shoving my hands in my pockets.

"We're here to say goodbye." Five sighed. I looked at him, confused. Who are we saying goodbye to?

We reached the center of the mall where the other mannequins stood. Five slipped the duffle bag off his shoulders, zipping it open and pulling out Delores.

He placed her down next to the other mannequins. "I bet it feels good to be back... amongst your friends." There was a hint of sadness in his voice.

In this situation, I would start to laugh, but Five looked genuinely sad. I kind of feel bad for the old man. "And it's okay, you can say it. We always were an unlikely pair."

"Don't worry about me..." Five snaked a hand around my waist, pulling me close. "... I'll never have to be alone anymore." He smiled at me.

My heart skipped a beat, his touch felt like fire on my skin. Five spoke so softly with Delores. I almost forgot that Five's been alone for 45 years, and only had a mannequin to keep him company.

"I'll never forget you Delores." Five let out a sigh. He slung the bag over his shoulders. He took one last look at Delores before facing me.

 He took one last look at Delores before facing me

Fives frown formed into a soft smile. He held my hand, interlocking our fingers. Five led us towards a retail worker. She was just fixing up the clothing rack. "Excuse me, miss?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you give that mannequin something new to wear? She likes sequins." Five smiled at Delores and gave the worker a small pat.

He did not just ask the lady to change a mannequin's clothes.

I just hurriedly walked off, not wanting to be questioned for Five's quirkiness.

We walked out of the store and I could tell that there was a weight off Five's shoulders. He looks more at peace.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." I said. Five just stared off into space with a smile.

"I just think that I should leave everything in the past, the apocalypse and the commission. And focus on something that's more important." Five said.

"Like what?" I asked. Five made eye contact with me, his pupils dilating. He already knew the answer to that question.

"You."

END

Hey y'all this is the end
of the 23rd chapter
I hope you guys
enjoyed it!
-Alex

QOTD: What is the best thing that you have right now?

Please leave a like and comment!