𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

MEET THE FAMILY

Once Upon a Dream - Lana Del Rey
"0:35 ───────── -5: 32,

Once Upon a Dream - Lana Del Rey"0:35 ━❍───────── -5: 32, ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳

THE NIGHT MY trust was broken was the night that ruined my life. I was only a teenager when the horror happened. My childhood had always been the same: 'listen to Dad and you'll be happy', was what everyone believed. I did just that. I followed all of his orders, completed my missions, and trained hard to grow stronger. I was happy...

However, there was something inside me that thought the opposite. A rotten hatred deep down. I had never known why Echo was so miserable living in the mansion, it was the only thing we knew– the only thing we had.

Echo kept telling me all these weird things: like how Dad was not to be trusted, that we were only a mere sacrifice. His warnings began when I was quite young, and that spiked my anxiety every time. Dad told me it was nothing to worry about, that it was an attempt to ruin my mind– to make me go mad. Never trust the voices in your head.

When Echo kept his bitter attitude, I usually took his words with a grain of salt. After all, he was a damned soul, he was filled with the one thing he was made out of: evil. Yes, an evil incarnate inhabited my body.

He was the source of my power, he was why I was so special. But, he was also why people feared me. He made me a monster. Well, that's what everyone told me all the time. That was one of the reasons why my monstrous features were forbidden to the public. Only the criminals got a glimpse of the darkness that lied beneath, but it would never get to the news since no one lived to tell the tale.

I grew to love the smell of fear, the way people looked at me with pale faces and horrified eyes, blood dripping from their agape mouths. It made feeding on them so much more thrilling. Despite the sheer magnitude of my power, their was always a raging war in my own mind. Only the voices in my head could tell whether this power was a blessing or a curse.

Although, I never succumbed to the wickedness. Dad trained me to strengthen my mind and forced the fiend from ever tainting my soul. I didn't want to become what I truly feared. So I was careful— very careful.

Until one night, when I had been deceived and gave Echo my full trust. That was the worst mistake of my life– the choice that ruined everything. No. Mistakes are small incidents and wrongdoing, what I did put others and my own life in vain.

It happened unexpectedly; no one knew he would pull such a bold stunt. He took advantage of my vulnerability and used it against me. He forced himself and took control of my body.

I failed to recall much from that night, it was all too distant. It was as if they were erased from my mind; it was probably for the better. Who would ever want to experience such trauma? Although, there was something that I could never forget.