𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

NUMBER FIVE

WE STOPPED IN the middle of a somewhat deserted area

WE STOPPED IN the middle of a somewhat deserted area. We had left a note for Hazel and Cha-Cha, stating that we have their briefcase.

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five suddenly spoke.

"What?"

"The killing." Five elaborated.  That made me scoff. He sure did look like he was having a lot of fun murdering those people at Griddy's.

"I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure. I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind." Five continued.

"Yeah, well, you two were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther said.

I gasped, the depressing mood disappeared. "You were on the moon? That's pretty cool." I declared, my eyes twinkling. Maybe this guy did do something extraordinary.

"You think it's... cool?" Luther was surprised. I nodded my head in excitement.

"Tell me more."

~~~☂️~~~

Luther and I had a great conversation. I think this is the first ever conversation we had that didn't involve killing. At this point I completely forgot about his attempt at throwing me out the window.

Five noticed a car coming towards us. "Here we go." He got out of the car. I got out too and stood next to Five.

The car drove past us, parking a couple meters away from us. "If this all goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry." Five told Luther.

"Really?" I scoffed.

The two got out of their car. The familiar masks covering their identities. Five took a couple steps forward and noticed that I was following him.

"I think you should stay with Luther." Five suggested.

"Come on, I'll be your little body guard." I persuaded, playfully winking at him and sticking out my tongue.

"Alright. Just stay close to me." He sighed. We walked towards the masked people. I still held a grudge since their attempt on murdering us.

"The masks really necessary?" Five asked,the first to speak to them. They took off their masks. I was expecting them to be ugly and scary but... woah... unexpected.

Cha-Cha looked like a baddie and Hazel looked like a sweet teddy bear. They tossed their masks on the ground.

"So where is it, kid?" Cha-Cha asked, going straight to the point.

"Wow, that's how you're gonna start." I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day." Five motioned to the vehicle.