11: Accident.

Oliver walked side to side with Evelyn who seemed to be taken in the beautiful sight, while Oliver seemed tortured and out of the environment. Tim followed them behind.

"Do you come here often?" Evelyn asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"I don't have time. I'm not like you, free to walk the street and do whatever comes across her mind, I'm rich and possess wealth but there comes sometimes when I prefer to have an easy life."

Evelyn stopped to stare at him, "really? Hm, won't your money miss you?"

"We didn't come here for me, let's find a bench," Oliver said and Evelyn buys in. They ordered ice cream as they watched the people who had come to enjoy the park.

Kids running and screaming, dogs and owners playing freebie.

He sat on the bench taking little licks from his ice cream. Evelyn hummed and made light comments about the flavor.

"Hi" a blond toddler walked up to them with eyes as big and blue as the sea.

"Hi, sweety." Evelyn cooed.

"Can I have one too? Mummy is with her friends and dad is on his phone."

When Oliver felt Evelyn's persistent stare he glanced at her only to find the toddler abd her staring.

"What?"

The next thing he was purchasing was Ice for the blond girl and soon for her friends and soon for the whole children in the park.

As they walked to another section avoiding the kids and some adults who wanted free Ice cream. Oliver pulled out his phone and began typing an email to his assistant at Zilda. Mr. Benson.

"Hey look!" Evelyn exclaimed.

Oliver looked up at a clown doing tricks and people cheering. "Let's see that." Evelyn tugged at his arm.

"No, thanks. We didn't come here distracted." He grabbed Evelyn's hand and pulled her away sternly.

"You're not cool." She hissed.

"I don't give a shit." He mouthed as he continued typing.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. And continued walking beside him, and she spotted a bike ride around the Park. She slowly stepped off and raced to the shop.

"A ride around the park for $5 you have to return the bike lady." The man said. Evelyn pulled out the money and paid.

She hopped on the bike. Just then Oliver caught her waving and his eyes widen she was riding off, "what the saints of Catholic!" He quickly walked toward the man, Tim was nowhere in sight. *Great, this black imp had successfully lost us.

He paid and hopped on the bike chasing after Evelyn. She is laughing aloud while getting away from him. Unlike her, Oliver was riding carefully, he spotted a car pulling over from afar but Evelyn didn't.

"Jesus! Evelyn!" He yelled when she looked ahead she gasped and tried to stop the bike but couldn't she started panicking.

"Help!" She cried out as the bike rode out of control.

Oliver paddled faster meeting up with her in no time. Her wheels bend and spin out of control he grabbed her handlebar and yanked it. Causing her to fall off and him to lose control, he was so concentrated on saving her that he forgot about himself he turned his bike though it relents his speed, but not the rush he, he bumped into the car with his side cracking the window and falling to the ground.

A blood-curdling scream left his lips in the process, he held on to his arms as he continued to cry out in pain.

Tim quickly pushed past the crowd and got to him.

"Sir," he crouched next to Oliver who was in agony.

He quickly contacted an ambulance. The crowd had started gathering and Evelyn was next to them in a minute.

"God! I didn't need this." Oliver gritted his teeth, as he thought about the obstacles the injury would bring to his meetings.

"Sir, are you okay?"

"I can't move my arm." He groaned.

"I think it is broken." A man who had joined them commented.

*I'm so finished.

Oliver had a look of exhaustion on his face when he was discharged from the hospital, Evelyn was long escorted back home only getting out with a few scratches.

"What came over you?" Tim asked.

Oliver looked down at his cased hand. "Evelyn bolted away, she was under our watch. I couldn't let nothing happen to her."

"That was not thoughtful," Tim said, looking pissed.

"You would report this right?" Oliver asked along with a sigh.

"I have to. If not Clare would." Tim said.

Oliver sighed. "Very well." He grimaced as he moved his arm.

"It is not broken, just dislocated and the friction was painful. That was what the doctor said." Tim reassured me.

"Hopefully."

As they walked through the door of Oliver's mansion Clare held a look of horror on her face when she saw them.

"What in God's name happened, Tim?" She questioned with concern lingering in her tone.

"A bike ride that turned catastrophic."

"And where were you?" Clare demanded.

"I couldn't help it," Tim said apologetically.

"Sir, you need to rest as long as this case is on your arm."

Oliver took in a breath, "I won't be necessary, I have so many meetings to catch up on and a report to deliver. I can't permit myself to rest. And don't you worry about me, I'm fine. I shouldn't have gone on that ride it was stupid, I put my safety in danger and Tim's career in danger. I was not very thoughtful, it won't happen again." Oliver spoke more to himself than Clare, it was a rehearsal of his response to his father when the old man would call furiously.

Oliver got into his room and shut the door refusing all meals for the night. After that trauma, he doubted anything would go down his stomach.

He felt proud of his foolish act somehow it rather be him than Miss denim, it would have been a mess. She was fooling around like the fool she was. He was right and has always been. Though he was confused about why he felt an intense worry for her, he recalled how his heart squeezed in his chest when she was almost running into the car. But why? What is this new feeling about Ugly miss glassed face?

He shook his head, deciding to brush it off. It was just panic. Or the fear of blood. Ah, anything would do. As long as Evelyn Ada Jones was safe in her home with her bones firmly in their place and functioning.

Duh, duh, duh. What a scenario. Who has a word to say?