27: Caught in a dilemma

"About your illness. I know everything." Steven tried to be specific.

Oliver didn't see it as a threat at first, maybe Steven was trying to get the truth out. "I don't see what you're advancing."

Steven reached for his phone while looking directly into Oliver's hazel eyes, he handed his phone to Oliver with an open report. Oliver recognized the report instantly.

"Where did you get this?" He asked calmly.

Steven cleared his throat, "I work in the same hospital as your doctor now. I just got transferred temporarily, I looked up your medical report and this is what I found, you need a heart transplant, though it is not urgent but I don't see the reasons to wait for the worse."

Oliver desperately wanted to kick Steven's butt out of his house but he resisted the temptation. Knowing Steven could let it fall in the ears of Christopher and the old man would do everything for him to get a heart transplant, if he would kidnap him and bind his hands and feet he would do so. Oliver needed to think smart, if he acts aggressively Steven might retaliate by snitching.

"There are a lot of reasons I don't want to get surgery. The first reason being I don't want to die yet." Oliver said in a light tone as he stood up.

"How long have you been at this stage?"

"It doesn't matter." He said as he reached for his jug pouring water for himself.

"A heart transplant would save your life."

"Shana was heading for the same with that mentality. And she never came back." He said before taking a sip.

"Soon it would be urgent, you always look stressed and work yourself up. I know there is no solution to that, you're used to working like a machine." Steven sighed.

"I would do it. But not now." Oliver said.

"Why? You hid this from us all this while, Father sent me the fake report you gave him and I knew immediately it was fake. Mum and the others think you're doing just fine, which is the opposite, your heart is dying."

Oliver scoffed while dropping the cup loudly, "this is because you all don't care. Father would freak out because his effort and years of investment would die, I don't know about Mother. One thing is sure, I don't want anybody to know about it."

Steven shook his head in disbelief, "how many more secrets are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything you people don't think I'm a priority, and I could care less." He walked to his shelf.

"You're doing the transplant."

"No, I'm not! And I'm old and mature enough to decide what's best for me." Oliver shot gently.

"You have no reason not to do it, I don't wanna die is not a reason!" Steven tried to make his point clear.

*"I love this girl and I would like to tell her before I die! At least in heaven, it would be recorded as the one thing I did for myself! All I have been doing till this moment is for Father and the family's name! I don't want to die like this, without self-achievement, don't you understand anything? You have a wife and a son. You would be in the best place to know how I feel."

Instead of pouring out his heart Oliver retrieved a book from the shelf. "Steve, I have a million reasons, you don't understand me and never will, I'm very different from Jonathan and Emma, I'm a different person, maybe if you had paid attention to our relationship as brothers before you would know me better like I said before it's late now, I have few moments to live, don't ruin it and cut it short," Oliver said, he sounded sad and discouraged.