14: A nemesis

Oliver had woken up with one of his rare light and humorous moods. He had listened to Clare list his schedules and had recited his quote as usual. He had put on the best of his wine suit and a cream shirt with a tie to march. 

Everything was going as planned, it had been two weeks since Oliver sent his apology letter and got a short response from his assistant who said he was away on a trip. Since then he never heard anything from the man. And his life couldn't be any better. 

Oliver walked the school hall, with some people staring and some just minding their businesses. He got to his locker unlocking it with his pin code only to find several mice nibbling on his destroyed books and project paper. 

His eyes widened when he saw this, and the mic scurried to hide in their mess. Normally you would expect a scream from a rich folk who lives in the best condition and environment. 

Oliver took a moment to snap out of his stance he took a moment to reach for a mouse who crawled on his palm. 

Tim on seeing this moved closer with a deep frown. "You shouldn't be touching that, sir, Mrs. Clare would be furious to know you're begging to have bugs, and this is not right." 

"You're already my pain in the butt boring guard, I didn't need you to be my nanny too," Oliver said sarcastically. As he ran a finger on the scared mouse. 

Tim reached for a note half eaten by the mice. "This is the BEGINNING of your END." Written in red. 

"Sir," Tim showed Oliver who looked around and found no one staring. 

"This should be from a nemesis." Tim included. 

Oliver had reported it to the school office and they immediately shifted his locker and promised to apprehend the culprit. 

The days that went by were followed by a similar incident, a dead rat in his locker with a threat message, then spiders, cockroaches, ants, and one time he almost got smashed by a vessel from a balcony. 

Oliver still slept on his side peacefully while he paid little thought to the coward. Though the message was clear. 

Once he met a rumor that spread about how he visits nightclubs and ends up with a different hoe each time. Still, Oliver didn't seem affected by it. 

Seated in his study he stared at Evelyn with a question card in her left hand and a pen in her right taking notes. He held his iPad with his note open. 

"These questions are tough," Evelyn said. 

"Hm, I know," Oliver replied carelessly. 

"We're going over the teamwork from the managerial course. We're to take note of each other with these questions." 

"I know." Once again Oliver came in. 

"You look restless,'' Evelyn commented. 

Oliver looked up from his note. "No, I don't. I know someone tried to push me to the end and maybe scare me. But they're failing miserably at it. I could care less." He said with a smile that Evelyn despised. 

"You believe you're untouchable?" She asked. 

"Take it as you want Miss denim, if I lay my hands on the mastermind, he is finished. I'll make the world an unbearable place for him to stay and mark my words. I'll reduce them to nothing." Oliver said in a dangerously low tone. 

Evelyn cringed before clearing her throat. "Hm, I guess." She pulled out a card

"What is your favorite place in the world?" 

"Paris," Oliver replied. 

"Why?" 

"Because I feel more at peace there. That's all you have to know." 

Evelyn nodded, "Mine is Dubai. Because it is a city of fun!" She exclaimed. 

"What is your favorite thing to do?" 

"Study and work." He replied. 

She raised a brow, "seriously? I won't take that." 

"That's your business, Miss denim." 

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "oh, here comes an easy one." She said with boredom lasing in her tone. 

"How many times have you had an intimate relationship with a partner over the years? I guess you might have had many, you're rich you change them like clothes, the classy ones." Evelyn said in annoyance. 

"I've never had an intimate relationship with anybody." 

Evelyn shot up, "please stop lying." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose with an annoyed groan. "Miss denim, I've never had sex." He stated. 

Evelyn lowered to her seat, "Wait, what do you do most of the time at night, and with your money?" 

"I study and work," Oliver answered like she was dumped. 

She frowned in confusion, "not even, uh," she cleared her throat a kiss?" 

"I never said I had never dated anybody, I dated only one girl in the past and that was Olivia, she was the daughter of my father's best friend, and she was the kind that loved beautiful and glittering stuff, we broke up 3 months into the relationship," Oliver replied with a monotone. 

"Why?" 

"Still suffering from curiosity Miss denim. That's not your business." Oliver said to her. 

Evelyn adjusted herself in her seat. Then she burst out laughing. 

Oliver raised a brow. "What is so funny?" 

"Nothing, just that you aren't as bad as you look. You're more like the boy fishing on the dreamwork half moon." She laughed. 

Oliver stared at her as she enjoyed the inner tickling. When she looked up he broke eye contact. 

"What about you?" 

"Not once." She replied, and he believed. "But I have several dates unlike you." Oliver nodded yet again. 

"Hey, will you attend Jason Blake's party? Is a cool one with not much booze and more fun." 

Oliver opened his mouth to speak but Evelyn cut in, "for the sake of this answer I feel like you should go out more. And if you don't like it you can still leave."

Oliver sighed, "what time, date, and place? I'm curious to know what a party in America is like." 

Evelyn smiled. Oliver's phone started buzzing and he rose to pick up the call. 

Evelyn pulled her phone out, "at it guys. Get everything in place and we will deliver our final hit." She sent the message before looking up, glaring at Oliver when his back was turned to her. 

*Never to stomp those weak students again. 

Hello people. Bye people.