19: Fitted

"I want this to remain between you and I, doctor," Oliver said in a firm tone speaking like the adult he was forced to become at a young age. 

The doctor sighed, "I'll suggest you let Mr. Christopher or Mrs. Elizabeth know about your state, Mr. Oliver. Two heads are better than one." 

"I know I'm mature and old enough to fit my choice, Dr. Joseph. Thank you for coming." Oliver slurred. 

Dr. Joseph blinked before adjusting his glasses and nodding, then he stepped away. 

Oliver let out a painful sigh that clouded his oxygen mask with fog, he brought his hand up to his aching chest. Everything was going well, he could even walk, but for a reason unknown he had a heart attack while going through the work files after he received an email from Mr. Benson informing him of some partners selling their stocks because they weren't receiving proper profit, he passed out after the attack and fortunately Clare called his doctor just in time. 

Oliver had been feeling extreme pain in his chest and exhaustion. He could barely keep awake. It was so bad that he couldn't breathe suitably without his oxygen mask and still can't do without it. 

Oliver felt nailed to his bed, he shut his eyes for a second worriedly he needed to do something about Zilda, but with his current state worrying meant death. 

Then he thought about Evelyn she hadn't visited the day before when he had the attack she didn't leave any message either, maybe she was out with her boyfriend. He thought. Maybe she doesn't have a boyfriend or her boyfriend doesn't want her to see him. 

Oliver balled his fists unintentionally at his thoughts, when he realized it he unclench them. *Absurd! Man up! 

He drifted up to sleep weary from pain and medication. When he opened them again he found Evelyn in white denim with Bruce on her lap, the puppy seemed to have grown an inch since the last time. 

She was staring right back with her honey eyes behind her glasses. Oliver thought it was a dream so he sat up to recollect himself with a groan. Evelyn was still seated there, she was indeed real. 

"Hi, I heard you relapsed," She said. Oliver doesn't utter a word. 

"You don't have to say anything, you look pale and weak, just sleep. I came for a little check-up and Mrs. Clare said I can't stay because you're really not good and shouldn't be disturbed." I just brought your puppy along. 

She allowed the animal on the bed for Oliver to run his hand on its fur. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine, don't try anything stupid just relax. You'll be good by tomorrow I bet." Her eyes held sadness as she spoke. 

Oliver could only nod his head, "there, close your eyes. Now stop staring." She laughed. 

Oliver obeyed slowly, refusing to lose the image before him but eventually did as he drifted off to a peaceful sleep. 

******** 1 week later.

Oliver stood in front of his mirror checking out his choice of cloth, his black trousers fit his legs so well, they weren't huge by the way, and his black linen button-down shirt fit well with his suit, he didn't want to look too formal, a three-piece suit wouldn't be necessary neither would a tie. So he threw on the black suit jacket. And slipped on his silver chain, and watched. 

Once again his shoulder-length hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and gelled to remain in place

Once again his shoulder-length hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and gelled to remain in place. He caught a glimpse of his hazel eyes and olive skin. Maybe that was why his parents chose to call him Oliver. He nodded at the mirror. 

"I'll restore this." 

Clare walked in looking worried though she tried to mask it by clearing her throat, "Sir, I still believe you should remain in door today, and rest. You just came out of your illness three days ago." 

Oliver turned around and was able to study the look of worry in her eyes. "I'm fine, Clare. And besides, I took my pills this morning and plan on taking them soon.

"Very well sir, who am I to oppose you?" She said in defeat. "However, your father called." 

Oliver raised a brow in surprise the last time they talked was when he had talked back. "What did he say? No lemme guess, he was ranting on my life again?"

"Mr. Christopher says he will speak to you later today when he is less busy. But he left a very strict instruction after he went through my mails he asked that you be provided with three more bodyguards to be added to Tim. 

The colors on Oliver's face drained as he went over her words in his head. He chuckled drily. "That is not necessary." 

"You'll have to discuss it with your father, he seems decisive and he would like you to keep out from anything dangerous." 

Oliver huffed, "forget it, he won't listen to me, the last time I corrected him on his mistake, help me, mother didn't stop pestering me to apologize. My father is a very stubborn man." Oliver shook his head. 

Clare nodded before attempting to leave.

"Clare," Oliver called softly, causing the woman to pause. 

"Sir." She turned around. 

"Thanks for not telling Evelyn about my heart disease." He said in a lowered tone. 

Clare smiled, "I know she is a good friend, but I know how you cherish your business, you don't need people sticking their nose in it." 

Oliver stepped out graciously, his mind already working his day out. He paused when he met Tim, the last time he saw the man was before he was brutally shoved into the pool. Behind Tim stood three other men, dressed in black suits and pants with an inner white shirt and a tie, they all had a similar earpiece to their left ears. They were huger and more muscular than Tim and himself. Those men were giants. 

Oliver sighed in exasperation, how could his father do this to him? Those men couldn't be following him everywhere he goes. Oliver didn't look too happy. 

"Name?" He asked while glancing at his watch. 

"Edward, Tom, and Craig." 

Oliver nodded, "let's set sail." He started ahead and the men followed him. 

"I hate this feeling," Oliver muttered.

"Your father thinks you're a princess." Tim teased. 

"Hush." Oliver gritted his teeth while Tim just grinned. 

Hi people.
Comment
Vote
Add to your library.

Only 1 person out of a study of 15 obeyed all suggestions the others skipped one action. This is not their fault that's how their brain works.